The Z-Move (Ｚワザ, Z Waza) is a gameplay mechanic introduced in Generation VII. Z-Moves are very strong and powerful attacks that certain Pokémon can gain access to. However, Z-Moves are used only once for each battle. Z-Moves can be activated only with a special item called a Z-Crystal and a Z-Ring. Ash Ketchum has obtained a Z-Ring in the Sun and Moon anime along with a Normalium Z and Electrium Z.
There are so far twenty-two Z-Moves. These Z-moves power and category are based on the move of the said type the user is holding. If it is a Status move, it will use a powered up version of that move. If the user knows two or more moves of the same time, one can choose what move can be used.
List of Z-moves
- Breakneck Blitz: A Normal-type Z-Move. The user crashes into the opposing Pokémon at a high speed and stomps them.
- All-Out Pummeling: A Fighting-type Z-Move. The user pummels the target with fury.
- Never-Ending Nightmare: A Ghost-type Z-Move. The user is attacks with ghostly vines.
- Inferno Overdrive: A Fire-type Z-Move. The user unleashes a fireball that grows in size the further it travels.
- Hydro Vortex: A Water-type Z-Move. The user fires a blast of water, which transforms into a powerful water tornado.
- Bloom Doom: A Grass-type Z-Move. The animation for this Z-Moves depicts the user unleashing a powerful vortex of flower petals.
- Gigavolt Havoc: An Electric-type Z-Move. It allows the user to unleash an arrow-shaped electric blast.
- Continental Crush: A Rock-type Z-Move. The opponent is smashed by a massive boulder.
- Tectonic Rage: A Ground-type Z-Move. The user strikes the opponent into a Tectonic Plate at full force.
- Savage Spin-Out: A Bug-type Z-Move. The user wraps up the opponent in a cocoon and slices into them.
- Shattered Psyche: A Psychic-type Z-Move. The user slams the opponent into psychic barriers.
- Devastating Drake: A Dragon-type Z-Move. The user attacks with a purple ray in the form of a dragon.
- Black Hole Eclipse: A Dark-type Z-Move. The opponent is sucked into a Black Hole
- Subzero Slammer: An Ice-type Z-Move. The opponent is frozen and exploded from an iceberg.
- Acid Downpour: A Poison-type Z-Move. The user attacks by a poison wave.
- Supersonic Skystrike: A -type Z-Move. The user slams the opponent into the ground at high speed.
- Twinkle Tackle: A Fairy-type Z-Move. The user cutely charms the opponent, then sends them flying.
- Corkscrew Crash: A Steel-type Z-Move. The user charges into the opponent like a corkscrew, slicing into them.
Z-Moves for specific Pokémon
- Pulverizing Pancake: A Normal-type Z-Move. It is exclusive to Snorlax. Snorlax moves energetically and pounds into the target. Reqiures Giga Impact.
- Stoked Sparksurfer: An Electric-type Z-Move. It is exclusive to Alolan Raichu. Raichu attacks with full force, 100 % Paralysis chance. Reqiures Thunderbolt.
- Catastropika: An Electric-type Z-Move. It is exclusive to Pikachu. Reqiures Volt Tackle. After being thrown in the air, Pikachu uses Volt Tackle in a fashion similar to Rollout and rolls into the opponent full force.
- Extreme Evoboost: A Normal-type Z-Move. It is exclusive to Eevee. It raises all of the users stats by 2 stages. Requires Last Resort.
- Guardian of Alola: A Fairy-type Z-Move. It is exclusive to Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Lele and Tapu Fini. Requires Nature's Madness. After closing their shells, they summon a being of pure energy and leave the target at 25% health.
- Genesis Supernova: A Psychic-type Z-Move. It is exclusive to Mew.Charges the terrain with Psychic energy. Requires Psychic.
- 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt: An Electric-type Z-Move. It is exclusive to Ash Pikachu. It charges a jolt of electricity and unleashes it on the opponent. Requires Thunderbolt.
- Sinister Arrow Raid: A Ghost-type Z-Move. It is exclusive to Decidueye. After summoning a circle of arrows, Decidueye strikes and the opponent is struck by arrows. Requires Spirit Shackle.
- Malicious Moonsault: A Dark-type Z-Move. It is exclusive to Incineroar. After summoning a wrestling ring, Incineroar, jumps and strikes the target with a bam. Requires Darkest Lariat.
- Oceanic Operetta: A Water-type Z-Move. It is exclusive to Primarina. Primarina summons a massive amount of water and attacks with full force. Requires Sparkling Aria.
- Soul-Stealing 7 Star Strike: A Ghost-type Z-Move. It is exclusive to Marshadow. It deals damage. It cannot be officially obtained. Requires Spectral Thief.
- Clangorous Soulblaze: A Dragon-type Z-Move. It is exclusive to Kommo-o. It rises the user's Attack, Defense, Sp. Attack, Sp. Def, and Speed. Requires Clanging Scales.
- Pikachu's evolution has the most signature Z-Moves, being three.
- The Electric-type has the most Z-Moves, being 4 with 3 of them belonging to the Pikachu evolution.