A Blustery Santalune Gym Battle! (Japanese: ハクダンジム戦！華麗なるビビヨンの舞バトル！！ The Santalune Gym Battle! The Magnificent Vivillon's Dance Battle!!) is the 5th episode of Pokémon the Series: XY.
In Kalos, for the first time ever, the time has come. Not only does Ash reunite with Alexa, but he also meets Serena and introduces her to Pikachu, Clemont and Bonnie. Not only that, Alexa's sister, Viola, returns and after hearing about Ash, she accepts his challenge for a Gym Battle at the Santalune Gym. Who will come out on top?
|This article has an incomplete plot or synopsis. |
Please help the Pokémon Wiki by expanding it.
- This is the third instance a Gym Battle takes place in the fifth episode of a series. The first being Showdown in Pewter City and the second being Triple Leaders, Team Threats.
- This is the first time since A Gruff Act To Follow! that Ash has lost to the first gym in a Region. The first time was Showdown in Pewter City.
- This episode marks the return of a running gag which was popular until the Best Wishes series: A character proposing to an attractive female. However this gag has a new twist to it: Bonnie would ask the female to be Clemont's girlfriend but Clemont would intervine saying he's not interested and he would use his Aipom Arm to drag Bonnie away.
- This is the first episode of the XY series that Team Rocket does not appear in.
- "Who's that Pokemon?": Vivillon (US)
- "Pokemon Quiz": Vivillon (JP)
Ash learned in this episode that Viola is the gym leader, but was already told in Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!.