Weavile (Japanese: マニューラ Manyuura) is a/ -type Pokémon.
Weavile are bipedal cat or weasel-like Pokémon. The majority of their body is black, with red ear-feathers and two red tail-feathers on their backsides. Additionally, they have a crown-like appendage on their heads, and a red collar around their necks. On their forehead, they possess a yellow gem. Their eyes are red with slitted cat-like pupils, and lined with dark eyelashes.
"Shiny" Weaviles' bodies are mostly pink, with yellow feathers and accents. Their forehead gem appears light blue in the game sprites.
Weaviles attack their foes with deadly accuracy, targeting the vital points using their three razor sharp, retractable claws which they sport on their hands and feet.
In the Anime
Weavile's debut appearance was in "Duels of the Jungle", where there were many Weavile.
A Weavile also has made an appearance in MS008.
Side Game Locations
|Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness|| Crevice Cave (B1F-B10F)|
Lower Crevice Cave (B1F-B4F)
Mt. Avalanche (1F-19F)
|Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia||Almia Castle|
- Main article: Weavile/Learnset Generation IV
It's English name is derived from the words Weasel and Vile.
- Weavile and Sneasel may have some inspiration from the Japanese myth of the Kamaitachi: weasels with bladed claws who appear in a whirlwind, traveling in packs of three.
- They may also be based on cat demons such as the Bakeneko that are renowned for their deceptive nature and claws used to maim or kill humans.
- In Japan, both Sneasel and Weavile are considered cats and are referred to as felines throughout the anime and other media. The Japanese name is likely a play on "魔" (demon), "野良猫" (stray), and "ニャー" (meow).
- Weavile is tied with Darkrai for the highest base Speed stat out of all -type Pokémon.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data