Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Wake Up Snorlax! (おきろ！カビゴン！ Wake Up! Snorlax!) is the 42nd episode of Pokémon: Indigo League.
On their way, the heroes encounter a hippie with a Poké Flute. The gang gets hungry and stop for a town to eat, but they discover there is no water to make food. Following the path, they discover a sleeping Snorlax, who blocks the river. The heroes and Team Rocket attempt to wake it up, but constantly fail. Could the man they saw near the town be the solution...?
Ash, Misty, and Brock are heading to another town with Pikachu fast asleep. They meet a Hippie who is playing a song on a Poke Flute. The song wakes up Pikachu. The Hippie asks Ash and his friends if they have any food to give him. They don't have any food, so they walk away. The Hippie says, " Oh well, another free concert." Team Rocket then show up and are rude to the Hippie when he plays a song for them and asks them for food. As Team Rocket walks away, the Hippie says they should learn to respect their elders.
Ash and his friends reach a town, only to find that there's no food in the town or any ingredients for cooking any food. The mayor of the town gives Ash and his friends a little bit of food and explains that the nearby river has dried up and has killed off all of the towns crops. Ash and his friends go to the river to see why the river dried up. They have to go through some thorns and Misty cuts her arm on one. Ash has Bulbasaur use Razor Leaf to get through the thorns. They discover the reason the river dried up is because its blocked off by a huge, sleeping Snorlax.
Ash and his friends try to wake up Snorlax, but have no success. Team Rocket shows up to steal Snorlax. Ash and his friends decide to help them steal Snorlax because if Snorlax moves, it will unblock the river. Team Rocket tries putting cables on Snorlax and attaching them to their balloon, but it doesn't work. They try using alarm clocks, bullhorns, and buckets of water to wake Snorlax up, but nothing works.
Jessie remembers the story of "Sleeping Beauty" and how a noble prince kisses the princess to wake her up, so they try to use Noble Pokémon. Brock suggested Misty use her Horsea but Snorlax ended up getting kissed by Psyduck instead. Team Rocket tries to get Meowth to kiss Snorlax but both are disgusted after the kiss.
Snorlax then rolls over and a card stuck to it appears. The card says that the only thing that will wake Snorlax up is music from a Poke Flute. Team Rocket remembers that the Hippie had a Poke Flute and they decide to ask the Hippie to help them. Ash and his friends get into a fight with Team Rocket over who gets to get the Hippie's help. Jessie grows tired of the back and forth, so she sends out her Arbok. Ash counters with Pidgeotto and immediately commands Pidgeotto to use Gust. The ensuing attack causes both a tornado and Arbok slam into the trio. Jessie, James, and Meowth scream and fly around inside the tornado as it carries them off into the distance.
Ash and his friends take the Hippie to Snorlax and the Hippie tells them that he owns Snorlax. The Hippie plays a song on his Poke Flute and Snorlax wakes up and walks off.
But the river still isn't flowing and they discover that a patch of thorns is blocking the river. Ash and his friends start to get rid of them when Snorlax starts eating the thorns. Ash and his friends are surprised and the Hippie explains that thorns are Snorlax's favourite food. Snorlax eats up all of the thorns and the river starts flowing again. The mayor is happy and he throws a banquet in their honour.
In the forest, Team Rocket is looking for Snorlax again. They find it, but it has gone back to sleep. They ask the Hippie when it will wake up and he says Snorlax won't wake up for a month. The trio fall to the ground in exhaustion. The Hippie walks away and Snorlax rolls over, on top of the terrified Team Rocket.
- "Be careful those things are sharp!" - Brock
- "How I suppose to be careful? Anywhere you look there's more thorns." - Misty
- "I'd hate to see them steal Snorlax, but if they get it out of the way for us..." - Ash
- "The spring water will flow like before." - Brock
- "Why I have to be the one to kiss that big Snorlax?" - Meowth
- "Hey wake up you big lump!" - Meowth
- This episode is the first of four where a main character is bleeding, in this case, Misty cutting herself on a thorn only in Japanese version. However, it was edited in English version.
- When the Pokédex I.D.s Snorlax the light on it keeps flashing even though it had finished describing Snorlax.
- When Ash tries to capture Snorlax the Poké Ball bounces off its body and doesn't activate. This might make Snorlax near impossible to capture if all Poké Balls just bounce off its body.
- The "Who's that Pokémon?" in this episode is Snorlax.
- On the Pokemon Website, the episode list says this episode is episode number 38 instead of 41, mostly known beacuse of the Electric Soldier Porygon episode that was banned worldwide.
|Pokémon: The Original|
|Other series: Advanced Generation · Diamond & Pearl · Best Wishes! · XY · Sun & Moon|