Volbeat (Japanese: バルビート Barubiito) is a Pokémon. Its special abilities are Illuminate and Swarm. It communicates with others by lighting up its rear at night. It loves Illumise's sweet aroma. Its best attack is Double Edge.-type
Volbeat does not evolve.
|Ruby/Sapphire||Route 117|| Rare (Ruby)|
|Diamond/Pearl||Route 229|| Rare (Diamond)|
|HeartGold/SoulSilver||Safari Zone, Bug-Catching Contest||Common|
|Black/White||Route 3 (Black only)||Swarm|
- Despite being a firefly, it is found all day in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, when real fireflies are nocturnal.
- Volbeat has the same name of a Danish Heavy Metal band. The similarity, however, is only coincidental, as the lead singer for the band named it after an album called Vol.Beat (short for volume and beat).
- Volbeat is currently the only III Generation Pokémon able to learn Flash by level up.
- Volbeat and Illumise are both known as the Firefly Pokémon.
- Volbeat is the only non-Illuminate as its ability. type Pokémon with
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data