Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
So... I am a registered user on PokEmon Showdown, to get that out of the way. While I was on the Ability page on Bulbapedia, and when I clicked on the links to the ability's page, I realized that they had it so abilities were also matched up with PokEmon types. This is because most of the PokEmon with that ability ARE that type. ...For most of them. So, I thought of...
STAB-ility it basically like Almost Any Ability, except that PokEmon can only use abilities that align with their typing. So more room to get creative (I hope)! I'll give an example after the list below, showcasing the types of PokEmon that most have this ability (including Mega Evolutions):
- Bug: Anticipation, Compound Eyes, Dry Skin, Honey Gather, Overcoat, Shed Skin, Shield Dust, Speed Boost, Swarm, Tinted Lens, Unnerve, Wonder Guard
- Dark: Bad Dreams, Dark Aura, Illusion, Intimidate, Moxie, Pickpocket, Prankster, Sand Stream, Stall, Suction Cups
- Dragon: Air Lock, Aura Break, Gooey, Marvel Scale, Mold Breaker, Rough Skin, Strong Jaw, Teravolt, Turboblaze
- Electric: Dry Skin, Lightning Rod, Minus, Motor Drive, Plus, Static, Vital Spirit, Volt Absorb
- Fairy: Aroma Veil, Cute Charm, Fairy Aura, Filter, Flower Veil, Friend Guard, Huge Power, Pixilate, Rattled, Sweet Veil
- Fighting: Dry Skin, Guts, Inner Focus, Iron Fist, Justified, Mold Breaker, Pure Power, Reckless, Sheer Force, Steadfast, Vital Spirit
- Fire: Blaze, Defiant, Desolate Land, Drought, Flame Body, Flash Fire, Magician, Magma Armor, Solar Power, Victory Star, Vital Spirit, White Smoke, Zen Mode
- Flying: Aerilate, Air Lock, Big Pecks, Defeatist, Defiant, Delta Stream, Early Bird, Flare Boost, Gale Wings, Honey Gather, Infiltrator, Keen Eye, Multiscale, Super Luck
- Ghost: Cursed Body, Flare Boost, Frisk, Mummy, No Guard, Stall, Stance Change, Wonder Guard
- Grass: Bulletproof, Chlorophyll, Contrary, Dry Skin, Effect Spore, Flower Gift, Grass Pelt, Harvest, Iron Barbs, Leaf Guard, Natural Cure, Overgrow, Poison Heal, Suction Cups, Unburden
- Ground: Anger Point, Arena Trap, Sand Force, Sand Rush, Sand Stream, Sand Veil
- Ice: Ice Body, Refrigerate, Snow Cloak, Snow Warning, Thick Fat
- Normal: Analytic, Cacophony, Cheek Pouch, Cloud Nine, Color Change, Download, Dry Skin, Forecast, Fur Coat, Healer, Honey Gather, Immunity, Imposter, Klutz, Limber, Moody, Multitype, Normalize, Own Tempo, Parental Bond, Pickup, Quick Feet, Rattled, Run Away, Sap Sipper, Scrappy, Serene Grace, Simple, Skill Link, Slow Start, Soundproof, Tangled Feet, Technician, Toxic Boost, Truant, Wonder Skin
- Poison: Aftermath, Dry Skin, Gluttony, Hustle, Liquid Ooze, Poison Point, Poison Touch, Rivalry, Stench, Sticky Hold
- Psychic: Competitive, Filter, Forewarn, Heatproof, Insomnia, Levitate, Magic Bounce, Magic Guard, Own Tempo, Pressure, Pure Power, Regenerator, Shadow Tag, Simple, Suction Cups, Synchronize, Telepathy, Trace, Victory Star
- Rock: Battle Armor, Defeatist, Rock Head, Sand Stream, Solid Rock, Strong Jaw, Sturdy, Suction Cups, Tough Claws, Weak Armor
- Steel: Clear Body, Heatproof, Heavy Metal, Iron Barbs, Light Metal, Magnet Pull, Minus, Stance Change
- Water: Adaptability, Damp, Drizzle, Hydration, Hyper Cutter, Illuminate, Mega Launcher, Moody, Oblivious, Own Tempo, Primordial Sea, Protean, Rain Dish, Rattled, Sheer Force, Shell Armor, Sniper, Storm Drain, Swift Swim, Thick Fat, Torrent, Unaware, Water Absorb, Water Veil
Okay, so we all know Bronzong, right?
Yeah, that guy. Well, it and it's pre-evolved form, Bronzor, are the only two PokEmon to get the Heatproof ability, which reduces damage taken from Fire-type attacks. Though thanks to this, in this OM idea, EVERY Steel-type PokEmon can get Heatproof! (And also every Psychic-type... which won't be as useful.) So now let's move onto our boy Steelix.
Imagine giving Heatproof to Steelix. This would make it better at setting up rocks without having to worry about Fire-type attacks, and since it gets super effective STAB Ground-type attacks, it's perfect to combat those Fire-types! Or, you can even give it Arena Trap to prevent your opponents from switching out on you! BUUUUUUUT...
If that Steelix is holding Steelixite and you Mega Evolve it, it'll still have Sand Force, as you'd expect. So yeah, I hope this will get some creative juices flowing!
Okay, so I know this isn't even a thing yet, but I already do know what's going to be banned.
- Any PokEmon in the Uber tier.
- The following held items:
- The following abilities (except on PokEmon who naturally get them):
- Aura Break
- Dark Arua
- Fairy Aura
- Huge Power
- Pure Power
- Wonder Guard
As for PokEmon/Ability combinations, like I said, this isn't a thing yet, so I don't know what's going to be broken beyond belief. That is going to be dependent on my personal opinions as well as people saying "BAN THIS" "BAN THAT" (which isn't really even in my power, but I'll just list as a "Against the Rules" sort of thing). Also, standard OU clauses apply here. As of right now it'll just be a Custom Game thing.
So, anyone who uses PokEmon Showdown...