Throh (Japanese: ナゲキ Nageki) is a Pokémon that was first introduced in the fifth generation games Pokémon Black and White. It, along with Sawk, seem to be another fighting type pair similar to Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. He is used by Elite Four Marshal.
Throh is obviously dressed in a gi, a traditional training and contest uniform among many martial arts. It's head is red and has very large eyebrows. It is shorter than Sawk, and has 3 toes that make a triangle shape.
Throh is a Fighting-type Pokémon with a bulky body, red, rocky skin, and seemingly wearing a white and black martial arts outfit. Its head is round, with a “Y”-shaped black feature over its eyes and nose. The collar of its outfit is rimmed in black, and the sleeves sport a crisscrossed pattern. Throh’s hands are red with three bulbous, gecko-like fingers. It has a black, martial-arts style belt, and its white “pants” have black patches on the knees. Its feet have three digits.Its power increases when its belt is tied. Wild ones can create their own belts. Throh have a tendency to throw around larger opponents. They live in herds of around five Pokémon. It creates its own belt by weaving vines.
Throh does not evolve.
|Black/White||Route 10, Route 16, Route 18, Pinwheel Forest||Rare|
|When it tightens its belt, it becomes stronger. Wild Throh use vines to weave their own belts.|
|When they encounter foes bigger than themselves, they try to throw them. They always travel in packs of five.|
|Leveling Generation VI|
|9||Focus Energy||-||-%||30||[[Move#Status||Status ]]|
|13||Seismic Toss||-||100%||20||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
|17||Vital Throw||70||-%||10||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
|25||Storm Throw||40||100%||10||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
|29||Body Slam||85||100%||10||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
|33||Bulk Up||-||-%||20||[[Move#Status||Status ]]|
|37||Circle Throw||60||90%||10||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
|45||Wide Guard||-||-%||10||[[Move#Status||Status ]]|
|Black||White||Black 2||White 2||Back|
- Throh is based on a Judoka and Sumo Wrestler.
- Throh was revealed on September 17 when sprites of all the Generation V Pokémon were revealed.
- Throh and Sawk can be viewed as the "Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan" of the Unova Region.
- Throh's name is a reverse effect of two names: throw, and horht, which is Sanskrit for "combat"
- This Pokémon has a remarkable resemblance to the Sesame Street character "Ernie". Its cry sounds like a Sheep and a Machine gun.
- Throh's English name was originally going to be 'Rawkem', but was changed late in the process of English localization as a result of possible copyright infringement. Throh's counterpart (Sawk) was to have the English name 'Sawkem' (which, when read in Pokédex order, would read 'Rawkem Sawkem'). This is a play on the famous 80's toy franchise Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots. Even more of a coincidence, are the matching red and blue colors shared between the Pokémon and the game's characters.
- Being one of the few all-male Pokémon species, Throh is unable to breed without the assistance of a Ditto.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon.Marriland data
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data