Originally named "The Pokémon Center Company" and founded in 1998, The Pokémon Company was established through joint investment by the three businesses holding the copyright on Pokémon: Nintendo, Creatures Inc., and GAME FREAK inc. The company name was changed to its present iteration in October 2000. Since that time, our business activities have grown and diversified into several distinct areas, maintaining a focus on our license management business.
- The Pokémon Center Company is established in Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo. (Capital: 60 million yen)
- The Pokémon Center Tokyo is established
- The Pokémon Center Tohoku is established in Sendai, Miyagid in Nihonbashi, Tokyo.
- The Pokémon Center Osaka is established in Umeda, Osaka.
- Capital is increased to ¥240 million.
- Company name changes to The Pokémon Company. Game-related business begins.
- License-related business begins.
- Overseas affiliate Pokémon USA, Inc. (now The Pokémon Company International) is established in Delaware, U.S.A.
- Capital is increased to ¥360 million.
- Capital is increased to ¥361.8 million.
- Capital is increased to ¥365.4 million.
- Mobile phone website Pokémon Hiroba is launched.
- The Pokémon Center Nagoya is established in Sakae, Nagoya.
- The Official Pokémon website is launched.
- Representative office is established in London, England.
- The Pokémon Center Fukuoka is established in Hakata, Fukuoka.
- The Pokémon Daisuki Club is launched.
- The Pokémon Center Yokohama is established in Minato Mirai, Yokohama.
- Overseas affiliate Pokémon Korea, Inc., is established in Seoul, Korea.
- The Pokémon Center Tokyo is remodeled and reopened.
- The Pokémon Center Sapporo is established in Sapporo, Hokkaido.
- The Pokémon Communications Company, an affiliate, is established.
- The Pokémon Center Osaka is remodeled and reopened in Umeda, Osaka.
- The Pokémon Center Fukuoka is remodeled and reopened in Hakata-eki, Fukuoka.