In almost every season or region, Team Rocket has a motto - either Cassidy and Butch, or Jessie and James, or the two groups jumbled up. Sometimes Ash and his friends imitate Jessie, James, and Meowth's mottos.
Ewww you farted
Jessie: Prepare for bubble...dtujdfgdkghoktyi
James: ...and make it double!
Jessie: To protect the world from devastation!
James: To unite all peoples within our nation!
Jessie: To denounce the evils of truth and dove!
James: To extend our reach to the stars above!
Jessie: Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light!
James: Surrender now or prepare to fight!
Meowth: Meowth, dat's right!
Cassidy's and James's motto
- Cassidy: Prepare for trouble, it's a brand new day!
- James: We're making it double anyway!
- Mime Jr.: Mime mime, mime mime mime!
- Cassidy: Let's see if I can remember my lines! An evil as old as the galaxy!
- James: Sent here to fulfill our destiny!
- Cassidy: To denounce the goodness of truth and love!
- James: To extend our reach to the stars above!
- Cassidy: Whenever there's a piece of pie in the universe!
- James: Of pie!?
- Cassidy (stopping the motto): Aaah... I goofed it, so what!?
- James (despairing): Forget it...
Jessie's and Butch's motto
- Jessie: Prepare for trouble, we've shuffled the deck!
- Butch: It's not my thing, but what the heck!?
- Jessie: An evil as old as the galaxy!
- Butch: I'm doing this all from memory!
- Jessie: To denounce the evils of truth and love!
- Butch: To extend my arm with a big white glove!
- Jessie (angrily looking at him): Jessie!
- Butch (realizing that his previous line was somewhat idiotic): Aaah, Butch...
- Jessie (kicking him in the face): Cut! Do it right or don't do it at all!
- Cassidy and Butch's Sinnoh motto
- Cassidy: A shrieking whine! A blast from the past!
- Butch: Spinning like a Gyro Ball and moving fast!
- Cassidy: To the moon...
- Butch: ...And beyond...
- Both: ...What a blast!
- Cassidy: Administering justice with lightning speed!
- Butch: Bashing the bad guys, should we feel the need.
- Cassidy: So here's a newsflash from across the wire...
- Butch: The real Team Rocket is now on fire!
- Cassidy: Cassidy!
- Butch: And it's Butch!
- Shuckle: Shuck-uckle!
- Cassidy: Teaching the losers a thing or two...
- Butch: ...The true Team Rocket...
- Both: Us! Not you!
Battle Frontier Motto
Jessie: Prepare for trouble from beyond the skies!
James: From beyond the stars, a nasty surprise!
Jessie: An evil as old as the galaxy...
James: ...sent here to fulfill our destiny!
Meowth: Plus, there's me! (sometimes spoken as "Meowth, dat's me!")
Jessie: To denounce the evils of truth and love!ytid
James: To extend our reach to the stars above!tfujdtyijk
James: And James!
Meowth: And Meowth are the names! (sometimes spoken as "Meowth's my name!")jtdyuj
Jessie: Anywhere there's peace in the universe...
James: Team Rocket...
Meowth: ...Will be there...
Jessie, James, and Meowth: To make everything worse!
Mime Jr: Mime Mime!
Jessie: Listen, is that a voice I hear?
James: It's speaking to me loud and clear.
Jessie: Melting on the wind...
James: Past the stars...
Meowth: And in ya' ear!
Jessie: Bringing chaos at a break neck pace...
James: Dashing hope, bringing fear in it's place.
Jessie: A rose by any other name is just as sweet...
James: When everything's worse, our work is complete.
James: And it's James!
Meowth: And Meowth, now dat's a name!
Jessie: Putting the do-gooders in their place...
James: ...Team Rocket...
Meowth: In ya' face!
Mime Jr.: Mime! Mime!
Jessie: Again is the question so twerpish indeed!
James: The answer to come as we feel the need!
Jessie: Bringing the blinding, white light of evil into the future!
James: Thrusting the hammer of justice down onto the black darkness of the universe!
Meowth: And carving our names into the rock of eternity!
Jessie: The fiery destroyer: Jessie!
James: And with thunderous emotion, I am James!
Meowth: Wisest of the wise, Meowth! All: Now gather, under the name of Team Rocket!
- Original Motto:
Jessie: If one asks this or that,: James: The answer we'll give is society's sympathy. Jessie: To prevent world destruction
James: To protect world peace
Jessie: We carry out an evil of love and truth! James: Playing the lovely, charming villain roles... Jessie:Musashi! (Jessie!)
James: Kojiro! (James!)
Jessie:The Rocket Gang travels to any star in the galaxy and...
James: A white hole...a white tomorrow is waiting for us! Meowth: That's right!
OR (the Team Rocket motto have many translations)
Jessie: If anyone asks us this or that,
James: The answer we'll give is society's sympathy.
Jessie: For the sake of preventing world destruction,
James: For the sake of protecting world peace,
Jessie: To penetrate the evils of love and truth,
James: The lovely and charming villains,
Jessie: Wagering the galaxy, we're the Rocket Gang couple.
James: A white hole...we're waiting for a white tomorrow!
Meowth: That's right!
Ash and his Gang's (changes) motto:
Bye Bye Butterfree
- Ash: Prepare for trouble!
- Misty: And you can make that triple!
- Brock: To protect the world from devastation!
- Ash and Misty: To unite all peoples within our nation!
- Jessie (deadpan): This was just...
- James (deadpan): Too good...
- Meowth (deadpan): To last.
- Ash: You got that right.
- Pikachu: Pika!
- Misty: We're defending the beauty of truth and love!
- Brock: Let's do it!
- Meowth (interrupting them): We gotta stop that!
Ditto's Mysterious Mansion
(So far, this is the only episode of the series to show Ash and his friends actually completely doing the whole original motto.)
- Ash: Prepare for trouble!
- Brock: And make it Double, Double!
- James (angrily): Uhh, quit imitating us!
- Misty: To protect the world from devastation!
- Duplica: To ignite all people within our nation!
- Jessie (angrily): Err! This is insulting!
- Ash: To denounce the evils of truth and love!
- Misty: To extend our reach to the stars above!
- Ash: Ash!
- Misty: Misty!
- Brock: And Brock!
- Duplica: Duplica, that's right!
- Brock: Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light!
- Duplica: Surrender now, or prepare to fight all of us!
- Pikachu: Pika, Pika!
In the episode Lights, Camera, Quacktion! the director, Cleavon Schpielbunk, introduces himself with a motto which is very similar to that of Team Rocket.
- Prepare for trouble! No stunt double!
- To protect the movies from devastation!
- To restore spectacle and imagination!
- To make great epics of hate and love!
- To direct the best films you ever heard of!
- Cleavon Schpielbunk, winner of the Golden Growlithe for best director at the Flea Collar Film Festival!
- Lights! Camera!
- Hit your mark when I call "Action!" or prepare to fight!
- That's right!
The Chikorita Rescue
In this episode, Ash Ketchum breaks into a Team Rocket hideout to save a Chikorita, captured by Jessie and James. He recites a motto and Team Rocket instinctively says their phrases.
- Ash: Team Rocket, prepare for trouble! On second thought, make that double!
- Jessie (surprised): To protect the world from devastation?
- James (surprised): To unite all peoples within our nation?
- Ash: Maybe you think I'm a little too brash. But the master is here and my name is Ash!
- Pikachu: Pikachu!
- Ash: My Pokémon team is faster than light! Surrender now or you're in for a fight!
- Meowth: Meowth! That's right!
- Dawn (really angry): Get ready for trouble!
- Pikachu (really angry): Pika!
- Brock (really angry): Make it double!
- James (shocked): Hey, no fair!
The Keystone Pops!
- Ash: Listen, is that bad-guy talk I hear?
- Dawn: It speaks to me loud and clear!
- Ash: On the wind!
- Dawn: Past the stars!
- Brock: In your ear!
- Jessie (interrupting them): It's that kind of imitation they invented lawsuits for!
- Dawn: Chill out! We couldn't care less!
- Ash: We're looking for Spiritomb!
There are even more Team Rocket mottos, that have only been said in one episode - because they tend to change it, or have failed. Also, they usually have 'copied phrases', when a 'good person' asks a question; and if one of their team members are not at presence, on of the trio fills in for that person (e.g Jessie has a cold, then James fills her line...).