They are so off on th badEGG timing, it takes a ridiculously long time to hatch it. Solar flute
Lol I know and they didn't even mentio the white MissigNo. in Diamond and Pearl. Iv'e just noticed no one uses these Talk Screens lol.XD ShayminSteph
Wow that was awesome. You think you can add D/P and the Emerald MissingNo.? thxx
Are you talking about the "DPBox" for the D/P MissingNo.? I added a small paragraph and created an article on DPBox if it is. Captain Vas 03:04, 27 October 2008 (UTC)
Once again, you're acting like all glitch pokemon are missingnos. They're not. Solar flute 14:03, 27 October 2008 (UTC)
Who, me? I never said any of the glitch pokemon were MissingNo., I just likened a couple to MissingNo. so people will know what there looking for if all they've ever heard was "The Diamond & Pearl MissingNo.". That's why I created the Glitch Pokémon article, to show that they're not all called or related to MissingNo.. Captain Vas 15:16, 27 October 2008 (UTC)
Ghost MissingNo. / 'M
I don't want to be rude or anything but MissingNo.'s normal form is not the "unidentified ghost sprite". Also, 'M, which is very similar to MissingNo., is not another form or the same as MissingNo.
The reason the ghost form is not the original form is because it is far less likely to find this form at random. In order to get the ghost form, the players name needs to have a lowercase "y" in either the third or seventh slot. To get the scrambled form, a players name needs to have a G, H, J, M, S, :, ], a, b, c, m, o, p, or v in the third, fifth, or seventh slot of the player's name, which is why this form appears more often and is considered the normal or usual form.
Also 'M is different from MissingNo., even though it looks the same as MissingNo.'s normal form. When you encounter an 'M, the name appears as "▄█ 'M ▓▒". When you encounter a MissingNo. in its normal form its name will appear as "MISSINGNO."
- Should you or anyone read the article, you'll notice that it refers to 'M as something different from Missingno, not the same thing. A disambiguation is unnecessary. -- Captain Vas 18:28, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
I didn't even know about Bulbapedia until i becmae a member of this wiki, and i knew that those two are different! i don't get the whole thing on lavander town with the ghost it's stupid Ihelpcrazys1217 21:14 August 16 2010
Pokemon Yellow Missingno
I've been trying for hours to make the missingno pokemon show up. I talked to the man who shows you how to catch pokemon, then went to cinnebar island and surfed up and down on the right side. But no matter how many times I did it, missingno never showed up. Is there something I'm missing here?
- Yes. That trick for Missingno. only works in Pokemon Red and Blue, not Yellow. For Yellow, you need to pull the Mew Trick-I'm not sure of the needed Special Stat; I may be wrong though. SanDemonMax 20:03, February 12, 2010 (UTC)
Missingno. can be traded, but at a cost. the last time i did that, it ruiened the data on Yellow version. it deleted all pokemon in the pc(including my sisters lvl 100 pikachu and mewtwo), and changed the pokemon in the hall of fame into Missingno.(biggest mistake i ever made!) but my sister did find it in yellow version; it just takes a lot longer.
i read that if you name you self gca (lowercase) that you'll run into an pokemon called 731!? Here's part of what i read
- The article also mentions a "Ghost Animation" which appears throughout the tower. It supposedly displays static, pictures of screaming faces, the "Grim Reaper" and photographs of corpses along with the standard ghost model itself. While the rest of the paragraph itself is fiction (No such "Games Commission Board" ever held the programmers on trial) there is some truth behind this "Ghost Animation." In the recalled first edition of the games in which the Lavender Town tone was present, hidden in the game's code is an unnamed Pokémon only identified by its assigned number - 731.
- The Pokémon can only be found in two places. One is depicted in Figure 1, Route 7. The thirty first tile of grass, which is boxed with red in the picture, has a 100% chance of entering a battle with Pokémon 731. It is unknown whether this is due to the game's code itself or it was purposely put there by programmers. Another way to find it is to use the "Missingno" Glitch. The Missingno glitch involves having an Old Man show you how to catch a Pokémon. Due to "Old Man" taking the place of your characters name in the games memory, your characters name is moved to the memory which determines what wild Pokémon are shown. On Cinnabar island there is a narrow strip of land in which wild Pokémon can be caught, but it has no specific Pokemon assigned to it. Therefore, a Pokémon which corresponds to the hex value of your name will appear. If your character is named "gca" (in lower case letters) you will encounter Pokémon 731.
- The Pokémon itself is strange in nature. It does indeed use the ghost sprite, along with some flashing static. However, about twenty frames in it becomes a flashing series of low quality pictures. Two of the clearest ones have been included, figures 2, 3, and 4. Figure 2 appears to be a man standing over a table upon which something hard to identify - a corpse perhaps - rests. He has his hands on this unknown object and also has what may be a surgical mask over his mouth. This strengthens the theory that it is a body in the frame. Figure 3 appears to be a low resolution image of a building, the significance of which will be explained later. Figure 4 is possibly one of the strangest images, an picture of the Imperial Japanese flag with the two kanji symbols that mean "Emperor" in the bottom right corner. Other frames of the animation that can be made out include more images of doctors, corpses, and buildings. The theme from Lavender Town plays the whole time during the battle, although accelerated 3x.
- If one attempts to catch the Pokemon, the game will freeze. After restarting, the title screen of the game will have been modified, displaying only static and the tone accelerated to the blistering pace of 10x.
- What is the purpose of this Pokémon? What is the significance of the number 731? Were the binaural beats comprising the "Lavender Town Tone" inserted into the music on purpose? The answers require a look at some of the staff of Game Freak, the company which developed the game for Nintendo.
this is not whoever did this but its not nintendos fault its game freak, it was a crisis called 731 and all the pictures are real things that happened and its really messed up don't look at the video below unless you want to be messed up in your head and the music is a freaking phycodelic message saying to kill people if you listen closely its freaky and messed up
It had something to do with the 1.0 lavender town music. does this sound real or not? i have a rom of green poorly translated but i named myself MEW. i guess i could always restart and do this glitch...
http://pastebin.com/K5BPcN1Z -- link StrawberryFlowermaster42 01:00, August 18, 2010 (UTC)StrawberryFlowermaster42
here's a vid 
StrawberryFlowermaster42 19:03, August 18, 2010 (UTC)StrawberryFlowermaster42
It's a creepypasta and nothing more. Lavender town tone does not exist. Yes, the music was changed but only because it was so high pitched it caused headaches and minor discomfort. Not suicide nor violence. Anything to do with Lavender Town Syndrome is complete bullshit -Stars talk 02:28, August 19, 2013 (UTC)
dont you think that missingno. could be short for missing number? as in a number missing from the pokedex such as 151 which happens to be a wild missingno.'s level...
Dude. Even the SMARTEST person in all of the universe in all of time wouldn't be able to figure that out. Sparker03 18:13, October 2, 2011 (UTC)
except maybe the people who made the game itselfCaseather 01:13, February 21, 2012 (UTC)
A missingno hatched from my egg on Pokemon pearl and I accendenly saved! IM DOOMED IT'S ALL over.
--184.108.40.206 09:29, February 1, 2013 (UTC) this is real do not be stupid guys (no offense for edit changes)
It also happened..
To me as well when i was playing pokemon red back then- thinkfully i restarted my version all the way back over to a new game i was not mad though i was reather happy..Trainer Micah (talk) 03:10, August 1, 2015 (UTC)