Why does the article say that he is 10? He was 10 at the beginning of the show, and during the first season I remember him celebrating being a trainer for one year and obviously several years have passed in the series since. GreenDragonRanger (talk) 21:40, April 19, 2013 (UTC)
- You guys should just leave Ash's age at 10. It was confirmed that he's still 10 years old in BW001 in the english dub and japanese version. And since Best Wishes is not a reboot and a continuation from the other series, that would mean Ash was 10 in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. I know that it was said in the english version one time that Ash has said stuff like "a lot has happened over the years", but that was a dub line only, and not in the original japanese version, meaning that statement is false. Also, it is common for fictional characters not to age, regardless on how much time has past.
- E.G. Charlie Brown remains 8 years old in all Peanuts specials and throughout the Peanuts comic strip.
- In the PBS show Arthur, Arthur is still 8 years old and in the third grade even though there have been multiple episodes that take place during the course of winter (the last season of each year). —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 22:04, May 24, 2013
- If we're to resolve anything we need to do it specifically. For example regarding GDR's comment, what is the specific episode where a reference is made to a year? We need to know an exact quote (and preferably the time it is said) to verify it. For example, there could be a difference between a full 12 months passing, and simply a new year occuring. If I became a trainer in December, a month later would be a new year for me as a trainer, and comments regarding that could be misinterpeted.
- I read a comment on YouTube stating that Ash celebrates a birthday in "the prequel episode to the 3rd movie". That could be something else to investigate.
- Comments made in the English dubbing are secondary canon, and would only establish what Ash's age would be in the dub, and may not reflect comments establishing what Satoshi's age is in the original anime. In cases where we can confirm a quote for the dub, we should double-check an original raw to see what the source commentary was, and whether or not it was altered. It may well be that Satoshi and Ash are implied to be different ages by such changes. A dub-only statement doesn't make it 'false' so much as establishing Satoshi/Ash as different characters, which is fine, since dubs alter plots heavily. It just makes Pokemon more of a Robotech/Voltron of Pocket Monsters.
- Charlie Brown's age not changing in the specials isn't a big deal since there aren't that many specials and we don't even know if those stories take place in the same universe, it doesn't have a continuous linked story in the same way Pokemon does.
- Where does it say Ash is in the "third grade", exactly? Are there even references to the trainers attending school? Regarding winter, I don't think we should rely on that. We don't know how seasons or weather work in the world of Pokemon. They aren't exactly on earth. For all we know, the planet Pokemon takes place on has multiple winters. So many seasons passing doesn't necessarily make it a 'year' unless we can establish through other sources that the Pokemon planet only has a single winter. Even if it did, it could just have weird weather, considering all the havoc ice/air/water pokemon would play with the climate. +Yc 23:06, April 6, 2014 (UTC)
Well I have followed the Pokemon Anime Series for a long time now, and by now Ash should be like 16 or so, he sounds like he is in his teen years since season 14 to now, but I guess that is all work done by the English actor who does his voice. I kinda hope someone announces him being older in the seasons from season 12 or older seasons. Nikolai Banks (talk) 02:01, September 2, 2014 (UTC)
On bulbapedia on episode XY 02
To anyone as a user, 'It's states on some sites ash is indeed older right? well if so i hope to be right by myself if thats okay to anyone..
Um on another note i have a small question to hope someone could maybe answer on my talk page if this is okay it stated on youtube & on Bulbapedia that the froakie in the episode XY02 is helping ash battle mega grachamp right?
So here is my question i am worried on:
Is the Froakie stated there only helping ash out or is this pokemon going to be Ash's new pokemon for X & Y series?
What new Pokemon in Kalos will he get? He already got Froakie and Fletchling, but I'd like to see him get Litleo, Skiddo/Chespin, and an Eevee which later evolves into Sylveon. I'd also like to see Fletchling evolve early in the series.
Do we have a page on this or plant o ever create one?
I personally think it is very important to have this page as it relates to some important events throughout the series. From the top of my head I know Ash owns a Thunderstone, which was confirmed in Sinnoh that he has been holding onto since Kanto and played a key part in Pikachu's & Ash's experience since Kanto... oh and Pikachu was on the verge of dying in that episode. He also owns a Focus band that Piginite won in a competition in Unova, the half piece of a Poke'ball from Gary, half ribbon from May in Hoenn and etc. Not all of these items have a key backstory that happened during the episode, but most do. LightSage 15:23, January 24, 2014 (UTC)
Pokémon section in need of additions
The Befriended section (of the Pokémon section) is missing at least one entry: The pack of Houndour from JE034: Hour of the Houndour. There may be other missing or inaccurate entries in the Pokémon section as well. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Mando Jetii (talk • contribs) 17:04, March 31, 2014
Noticing pages didn't exist
Ash's Unfezant in one the Iris & Axew - seem's red need's fixing
Ash's Krokodile is the other BW03 - Also seem's red need's fixing