Sylveon is a feline Pokémon with white-cream colored fur covering most of its slender body. The top of its head is a vibrant shade of pink, and it has long pink rabbit-like ears with dark blue insides. Sylveon has a short, blunt catlike muzzle and a small black nose. Sylveon has two pink and white bow-shaped features -- one on its right ear, and one around its and neck. Attached to the bow-like features are scarf-like appendages with pink and blue tips that curl around Sylveon's body. It has four slender feline-like legs and small dainty pink-tipped paws and feet with three visible toes on each. Sylveon has two large blue eyes with white pupils, and two pointed teeth on its upper jaw, seen when its mouth is open. It has a fluffy pink tail that curves inward slightly to form a crescent shape.
The Shiny variation of Sylveon has inverse coloration, with blue fur (replacing the pink patches), and reddish-pink eyes.
Sylveon is a kind and gentle Pokémon. It uses its ribbon feelers to hold hands with its trainer and walk alongside them. Like most cats, it is very sensitive to the energy in its environment. It emits a calming aura from its feelers to placate others and stop fights.
Sylveon uses its ribbon-like feelers to calm others.
Eevee evolves into Sylveon when leveled up knowing a Fairy-type move, and gaining at least two Affection hearts in Pokémon-Amie.
In the Anime
Sylveon appears in the short film PK25.
Sylveon appears in the Pokemon TCG: Sylveon Colection as a promo card (XY 04) & a collectible figure.
|It sends a soothing aura from its ribbonlike feelers to calm fights.|
|It wraps its ribbonlike feelers around the arm of its beloved Trainer and walks with him or her.|
|Leveling Generation VI|
| Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
|X||Y||Omega Ruby||Alpha Sapphire||Back|
|File:Shiny Sylveon XY.gif|
- Sylveon's classification of species as an "Intertwining Pokémon" is almost the same as the red thread that holds two or more person's relationship. Hence, its ribbons serves the same purpose. Based on its Pokémon X's PokéDex's data, it uses its "ribbons" to create peace amongst fighters and serves as their 'mediator'.
- Sylveon's face highly resembles Victini's face. Both have round blue eyes, a tiny black nose, small fangs, rabbit-like ears, and similar forehead coloration patterns.
- It is the lightest Eeveelution.
- In the anime, Sylveon emits catlike sounds, such as mews and purrs.
- The talking Sylveon plush made by TakaraTomy also makes purring and mewing sounds.
Like all Eeveelutions, physiologically, Sylveon is based on a cat, as it is distinctly feline in its body and facial structure, and it emits meowing and purring sounds in the Anime. Due to its Fairy typing, Sylveon might also be based on the giant mystical cats that are said to pull the chariot of the mythological Norse goddess of love and Earth, Freya, who was known to have a fondness for fairies. Freya's cats are sometimes referred to as "fairy cats", which is also a nickname for the Norwegian Forest Cat.
Sylveon's name likely comes from the word "sylvan" meaning "of the forest", due to legends of fairies residing in forests, and "eon". It might also include "sylph" a mythological spirit of the air.