|First Appearance:||Generation II|
The Sport Ball (Japanese: レベルボール, Level Ball) is a type of Poké Ball exclusive to National Park's Bug Catching Contest. It is as effective as a standard Poké Ball. When entering the contest, the player is given a set of twenty Sport Balls. In HeartGold and SoulSilver the ball is redesigned to look like a regular Poké Ball with an additional "Eye" at the top.
- The Sport Ball is similar to the Safari Ball and the Park Ball as all are used exclusively in their respective parks to capture Pokémon.
- Unlike the Safari and Park Balls, Sport Balls can only catch and contain bug (and bug-dual type) Pokémon as there are only used (legitimately) in the Bug Catching Contest (in which bug Pokémon can only be caught).
- In the original Gold/Silver/Crystal games, the ball is called "Park Ball" and has a dark coloring at the upperhalf with a lighter coloring on the bottom. It's description reads: "The Bug-Catching Contest BALL." If hacked into the inventory in the original games and used, the text for using the ball will be displayed but the menu screen will remain in place as the ball flies towards the Pokémon. The ball will then "catch" the words and make them garbage tiles. If successful the screen will remain garbled until the player is returned to the overworld or taken to the nickname screen. If it fails the screen will garble even further and eventually return to normal in a second.
- Depending which game you have, (HG/SS) you can catch Pokémon that say "AREA UNKOWN".
- The Global Link artwork for the Sport Ball is incorrect, as the "eye" on top of the ball is replaced with an "S".
|Other: GS Ball · Mewtwo Ball (Clone Ball) · Dark Ball · Old Ball|
|This article is a stub. Please help the Pokémon Wiki by expanding it.|