Spiritomb are somewhat ghost-like in appearance. The main body of a Spiritomb appears like a purple, swirling vortex with green eyes and a black spiral for a pupil in its left eye. Around its face are green orbs that encircle it. Its "body" is connected to a stone base, with a small fissure in it supposing it was released when the seal was broken half way but still bound to the stone. Spiritomb's mouth is green like its eyes. The "face" of the Odd Keystone is not visible when Spiritomb is present. The shiny variant of Spiritomb has a blue vortex, and purple dots, eyes, and mouth.
Start by placing the Odd Keystone into the stone tower on Route 209, it then turns into the Hallowed Tower. Afterwards, go underground and greet 32 people. Finally, touch the Hallowed Tower by pressing A to trigger a battle.
All Spiritomb have the ability Pressure, which consumes the enemy's PP by 2 instead of one. It is said that Spiritomb are composed of 108 spirits,But could as well be the reason for its pokedex number to be "108" referring to the 108 spirits. It is one of 5 Pokémon that have no weakness, due to its typing. Sableye, due to its typing, Tynamo and its evolutions, due to its ability, are the other 4.
Spiritomb does not evolve
|Diamond/Pearl||Hallowed Tower on Route 209||Event|
|Platinum||Hallowed Tower on Route 209||Event|
|HeartGold/SoulSilver||Transfer from Pokéwalker||None|
|Black 2/White 2||Trade from Curtis or Yancy at Nimbasa City after entering hall of fame||None|
Side Game Locations
|Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness|| Spacial Rift (B15F)|
Deep Spacial Rift (B1F-B5F)
Sky Stairway (1F-49F)
|Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia||Chroma Ruins (during a mission)|
Spiritomb might be based on a Buddhist tradition which involves ringing a bell 108 times to repel 108 temptations in order to achieve nirvana. Additionally, it may also be based on a type of spirit called a "Jibakurei", a ghost that is bound to a single place.
- As mentioned above, Spiritomb is one of the five Pokémon that do not have a weakness. The other four are Sableye, Tynamo, Eelektrik, and Eelektross.
- Spiritomb is also one of the two Pokémon that are / , the other being Sableye.
- Spiritomb is one of the seven non-Legendary Pokémon to have the ability Pressure, the others being Vespiquen, Dusknoir, Dusclops, Weavile, Aerodactyl, and Absol.
- Spiritomb is the first of the two Pokémon that cannot be hit with a super effective attack under normal conditions, Sableye being the other.
- Spiritomb's actual weakness is Foresight is used, allowing Fighting type moves to hit it. if the move
- The Pokédex says Spiritomb is formed by 108 spirits. Both Spiritomb's Defense and Special Defense stats are 108.
- When Spiritomb is released from its pokeballl during a battle, the Odd Keystone that it is bound to appears without Spiritomb at first, but then a moment later Spiritomb comes out of it and takes its true battle position; this is most noticeable when the opponent releases it.
- Some fans consider Spiritomb a pseudo-legendary Pokemon due to the fact that Spiritomb has no weaknesses.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data