Rhydon (Japanese: サイドン Saidon) is a Pokémon./ -type
It is a rock hard Pokémon that developed a long tail and learned to stand bipedally, meaning on two legs. It is a rhino-like creature that can crush rocks and has a long drill that can drill through rocks.
Rhydon can have the ability Rock Head or the ability Lightningrod. Rock Head prevents Rhydon from sustaining recoil damage. Lightningrod directs -type attacks to Rhydon. This Pokémon is disadvantaged when attacking , , , or other -type Pokémon. This Pokémon's brain developed after it stood up on its hind legs. Its drill horn bores tunnels through solid rock. Its hide is so thick and protective that Rhydon can thrive in very hot places.
|Diamond/Pearl||Route 227, Route 228, Stark Mountain||Common|
|Platinum|| Route 227, Route 228, Stark Mountain, Sinnoh Victory Road
|HeartGold/SoulSilver|| Safari Zone
Side game locations
|Pokémon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire||Evolve Rhyhorn|
|Pokémon Trozei!||Endless Level 15, Forever Level 64, Pair Trozei, Mr. Who's Den|
|Red Rescue Team & Blue Rescue Team||Evolve Rhyhorn|
|Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness||Sky Stairway (1-49F)|
|Pokémon Ranger||Jungle Relic|
|Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia||Volcano Cave, Haruba Desert, Altru Tower|
|Pokémon Rumble||Rocky Cave|
Rhydon appears to be based off a rhinoceros whilst its name is possibly a reference to rhinoceros, due to its origin.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data
- Rhydon and its family members are the only Pokémon to have a / combination where it is switched around with the only Pokémon having Ground type as the first type and Rock as the secondary.
- Rhydon was the very first Pokémon to be designed.
- Rhydon shares the same species name as Nidoking and Nidoqueen, they're all known as "Drill Pokémon".
- A glitch Pokémon called 94 will convert into Rhydon for the first time after being caught.