Relicanth is a medium-sized, brown fish Pokémon. Its camouflage makes it blend in perfectly into the undersea caves where it lives. Relicanth is covered in many fins which are on the top, bottom and sides of this Pokémon.
Relicanth does not evolve.
|Diamond/Pearl||Route 226 (Super Rod)||Rare|
|Platinum||Route 226 (Super Rod)||Rare|
Side game locations
|Pokémon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire||Ocean|
|Pokémon Trozei!|| Secret Storage 11,|
Endless Level 20,
Forever Level 20,
Mr. Who's Den
|Red Rescue Team & Blue Rescue Team||Silver Trench (80F-89F)|
|Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness|| Miracle Sea (B1F-B18F)|
Deep Miracle Sea (B1F-B4F)
In the anime
It was first shown in the episode A Ruin With a View!
A group of Relicanth appeared in Relicanth Really Can!.
A Relicanth appeared in a flashback in Mutiny in the Bounty! as one of the Pokémon J had stolen.
Several Relicanth appeared in Enter Galactic!.
A Relicanth appeared in Up Close and Personable!.
By Level Up
|By Level Up|
|8||Water Gun||Special||40||100%||25||Cute||3 ♥♥♥|
|15||Rock Tomb||Physical||50||80%||10||Smart||2 ♥♥|
|29||Take Down||Physical||90||85%||20||Tough||3 ♥♥♥|
|36||Mud Sport||Status||—||—%||15||Cute||2 ♥♥|
|71||Hydro Pump||Special||120||80%||5||Beauty||2 ♥♥|
|78||Head Smash||Physical||150||80%||5||Tough||2 ♥♥|
|*Bold indicates a move which receives STAB|
- Relicanth is one of the essential two Pokémon to unlock the caves of the Regis; the other is Wailord.
- Relicanth, along with Zigzagoon, are the only two Pokémon left out of the Hoenn Pokérap.
- Relicanth shares its types with four of the five original fossil Pokémon, Kabuto, Kabutops, Omanyte, and Omastar, furthering its link to them as a living fossil. It also shares its type with Corsola.
- Relicanth is the only Water-type to learn Head Smash, as well as the only one to not receive recoil damage from it, due to its ability. In fact, it's one of two Pokémon that gains STAB and protection from a recoil-damage-giving move. The other is Clefable with Magic Guard.
- Relicanth is one of only three Pokémon with its gender ratio that has been able to be caught from the wild in every generation since its introduction, alongside Munchlax/Snorlax and Combee, and one of only five to ever be obtainable in the wild (Eevee and Togepi can be caught in Generation IV).
- Relicanth has two colors: one is brown while the shiny is blue. This is also true with the real-life counterparts, the coelacanth.
- Relicanth's lighter splotches alongside its pale brown color make it visually similar to antique maps. Likewise, the light blue of the shiny form can be seen as the visual representation of water.
- Relicanth was inspired by the real-world fossil fish, Coelacanth.
- Its name comes from the words "relic" and "coelacanth".
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data