Red in Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen
|Names||Japanese: Red |
|First Appearance||Pokémon Red and Green (1996)|
|Other Appearances||Pokémon Red and Blue (1998)|
Pokémon Yellow (1999)
Pokémon Gold and Silver (2000)
Pokémon Crystal (2001)
Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen (2004)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008)
Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver (2010) Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (2012)
|Main Game Character|
Red (Japanese: レッドReddo) also known as Fire (ファイア Faia) is a very powerful Pokémon Trainer from Pallet Town, Kanto. He is the first character to be playable in the Pokémon series and his initial appearance is set in the Generation I main games. He has since then made various appearances in Pokémon media, including the Generation III remakes of Pokémon Red, Green and Blue, Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen. Red is also known to be one of the final trainers you fight in the Generation II games.
Unlike Brendan, who is extremely quirky, Red is a very serious person, especially when he battles. This can be seen easily because he seldom smiles.
In the anime
- Main article: Ash Ketchum
Red does not appear himself in the anime, but Ash is his anime counterpart.
- Main article: Red (Manga)
Red is eleven years old at the beginning of the Red, Green & Blue chapter. He is first seen in A Glimpse of the Glow, when he shows a group of children the proper way to catch a Pokémon. He demonstrates by using his Poliwhirl to battle a wild Nidorino. Red is very sentimental, as shown in the battle versus Blue in the ninth annual Pokémon League tournament. He believes that defeating an opponent is no fun if they are at a disadvantage, as seen in both The Secret of Kangaskhan and Make Way for Magmar!. At the beginning of the series, he is quite cocky, as shown in Suddenly Starmie. However, this cockiness has subsided by the end of the RGB saga.
Red's special skill, as described by Professor Oak, is Pokémon battling. As such, he is called the "Fighter" (戦う者Fighter). In later adventures, Red has been viewed as a leader amongst the Pokédex holders.
In the GamesIn Red and Blue (Green in Japan) Red is the only playable character. The player advances through the game as Red with, as usual, a name of their choice. He also appears in their remakes, FireRed and LeafGreen, with the same purpose.
In Pokémon Gold and Silver and Crystal, and their remakes, Red is fought at Mt. Silver, in which he has Pokémon similar to Ash of the anime (except for the fact that all three starters are fully evolved compared to Ash only having one fully evolved). Red also retakes this role in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver. You can battle once again by defeating the Elite Four.
Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold and SoulSilver, he seems like a shady character who has strong Pokémon. Red is the highest leveled trainer of any Pokémon game. This record was broken by Barry in Platinum, but Red broke it again in HeartGold and SoulSilver.
||Back Sprite from Gen. I||
||Back Sprite from Yellow|
||Red in the intro to FRLG||
||Back Sprite from Gen. III||
||Red in the credits for FRLG||Gen. V|
Gold, Silver, and Crystal
HeartGold and SoulSilver
|Lv. 88||-||Lv. 84||-||Lv. 84||-||Lv. 84||-||Lv. 82||-||Lv. 80||-|
|Ability: Static||Ability: Blaze||Ability: Overgrow||Ability: Torrent||Ability: Unknown||Ability: Unknown|
|Item: Light Ball||Item: Unknown||Item: Unknown||Item: Unknown||Item: Unknown||Item: Unknown|
|Volt Tackle||Blast Burn||Frenzy Plant||Hydro Cannon||Shadow Ball||Body Slam|
|Iron Tail||Flare Blitz||Giga Drain||Blizzard||Crunch||Brine|
|Quick Attack||Air Slash||Sludge Bomb||Flash Cannon||Blizzard||Blizzard|
|Thunderbolt||Dragon Pulse||Sleep Powder||Focus Blast||Giga Impact||Psychic|
Black 2 and White 2
- Champion League Tournament
|Lv. 50||-||Lv. 50||-||Lv. 50||-||Lv. 50||-||Lv. 50||-||Lv. 50||-|
|Ability: Overgrow||Ability: Blaze||Ability: Torrent||Ability: Static||Ability: -||Ability: -|
|Item: ?||Item: Focus Sash||Item: Choice Scarf||Item: ?||Item: Quick Claw||Item: Sitrus Berry|
|Leaf Storm||Fire Blast||Water Spout||Volt Tackle||Body Slam||Ice Beam|
|Sludge Bomb||Focus Blast||Hydro Pump||Iron Tail||Earthquake||Hydro Pump|
|Earthquake||Air Slash||Blizzard||Brick Break||Crunch||Ice Shard|
|Sleep Powder||Dragon Pulse||Focus Blast||Fake Out||Seed Bomb||Thunderbolt|
Super Smash Bros. Series
Holy shiinzt, this is so cool thank you.
- Red is the most powerful trainer in the entire Pokémon franchise.
- In his original design, Red was depicted with black hair, but in the latest artwork he is depicted with having light brown hair.
- Red has been referred to as the 'Hero of Kanto,' the 'Ultimate Pokémon Trainer,' and the 'Pokémon Champion'.
- The only time Red is ever seen talking is when he gives commands to his pokemon.
- Ash Ketchum is based on Red's first design. They also both have Pikachu, and both have the three Kanto Starters, however Red's are fully evolved where as Ash's Bulbasaur and Squirtle are unevolved and his Charmander evolved fully into Charizard.
- Also, Ash originally had a Lapras in his team and had a Snorlax as well.
- Red has appeared in every generation of Pokémon.
- In Heartgold and Soulsilver, his Espeon was replaced with a Lapras.
- Red has the highest level Pokémon, a Lv. 88 Pikachu
- Red, being much like all playable charecters, follows a similar trait where he almost never speaks, but when speaking, he simply says "...".