Compared to Rattata, Raticate is far more of a predator, and the majority of its features are adapted for this purpose. Its most notable feature are its large teeth; like most rodents, Raticate's teeth grow continuously throughout its life, and must be constantly worn down by gnawing. It is also known that Raticate's fangs are tough enough to break concrete. It has long whiskers and a long tail. Raticate looks like a rat, just like Rattata. Raticate tends to stand on its hind legs, as opposed to its pre-evolution.
Raticate's webbed feet allow it to swim well when it hunts.
Raticate is the evolved form of Rattata as of level 20.
|Red/Blue||Routes 16, 17, 18, 21||Common|
|Yellow||Routes 9, 10, 11, 16, 18, 21, Pokémon Mansion||Common|
|Gold/Silver||Routes 7, 9, 10, 26, 27, 38, 39, Union Cave, Burned Tower||Uncommon|
|Crystal||Routes 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 26, 27, 38, 39, 42, 43, Mt. Mortar, Union Cave, Tohjo Falls, Brass Tower||Uncommon|
|FireRed/LeafGreen||Routes 16, 17, 18, Pokémon Mansion||Uncommon|
|Diamond/Pearl||Route 225, 226||Common|
|HeartGold/SoulSilver||Routes 7, 9, 10, 26, 27, 38, 39, 47, Mt. Mortar, Union Cave, Brass Tower, Tohjo Falls||Common|
Side game locations
|Pokémon Trozei!||Endless Level 16, Endless Level 42, Forever Level 1, Mr. Who's Den|
|Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness||Mystifying Forest (B1F-B13F), Mystery Jungle (B1F-B29F), Midnight Forest (B1F-B21F)|
|Pokémon Ranger||Underground Waterways|
|Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia||Pueltown|
|Pokémon Rumble||Cold Meadow|
- Main article: Raticate/Learnset Generation I
- Main article: Raticate/Learnset Generation II
- Main article: Raticate/Learnset Generation III
- Main article: Raticate/Learnset Generation IV
|Leveling Generation VI|
|1||Tail Whip||-||100%||15||[[Move#Status||Status ]]|
|4||Quick Attack||40||100%||30||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
|7||Focus Energy||-||-%||30||[[Move#Status||Status ]]|
|16||Hyper Fang||80||90%||15||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
|19||Sucker Punch||80||100%||5||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
|20||Scary Face||-||100%||10||[[Move#Status||Status ]]|
|34||Super Fang||-||90%||10||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
|39||Double Edge||120||100%||15||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
- Ash traded his Butterfree to a gentleman on the S.S. Anne for a Raticate. However, he changed his mind and traded back. This was in Battle Aboard the St. Anne.
- The Kas Gym's Raticate was seen in the Showdown at Dark City.
- Butch and Cassidy's Raticate was seen in The Ole' Berate and Switch , The Breeding Center Secret, The Fortune Hunters, and Training Daze!
- Ralph's Raticate and Emily's Raticate where seen in Wherefore Art Thou, Pokémon?
- Molly's Raticate was seen in What I did for Love.
- It is mentioned in several Pokédex entries that Raticate swims for prey, however, it can not learn Surf.
- There once was an overlook in the anime where Rattata was standing next to Raticate. Raticate was actually as small as Rattata, which shouldn't normally happen considering Raticate are larger.
- There is a popular theory that claims that in the original Japanese Red/Green games, the Raticate that your Rival used in battles before Lavender Town died, due to your Rival's lines, the fact you meet him outside of the Pokémon cemetery and the fact that his Raticate doesn't make any other appearances over the course of game.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data