|This article needs the latest image.|
Reason: "Gen IV in use".
Rain Dance is a weather move introduced in Generation II. It is -type. It causes Heavy Rain for five turns. It is TM18.
|(あまごい Rain Prayer)|
|Secondary Effect:||Raises the power of Water-type attacks for five turns|
The user summons a heavy rain that falls for five turns, powering up Water- type moves.
- Powers up -type attacks by 1.5.
- Powers down -type attacks by 1.5.
- Castform's Forecast ability changes its type to .
- Weather Ball changes to -type and doubles in power.
- Pokémon with the Swift Swim ability will double their speed.
- Pokémon with the abilities Dry Skin and Rain Dish will recover HP every turn.
- Pokémon with the Hydration ability will recover from status effects at the end of the turn.
- Thunder always hits and can break Protect.
- Hurricane always hits.
- Solar Beam requires an extra turn to charge, and its power is reduced to half.
- Synthesis, Morning Sun and Moonlight will recover 1/4 of total HP, instead of 1/2.
- The Damp Rock increases the duration of the rain.
Abilities powered by Rain Dance
|Rain Dance depicted in the anime|
Lugia using Rain Dance
Vito's Alakazam using Rain Dance
Blastoise using Rain Dance
Ash's Goodra using Rain Dance
|This article is a stub. Please help the Pokémon Wiki by expanding it.|