The Psychic type (どくタイプ Esper taipu in Japanese) is one of the eighteen Pokémon elemental types.
Many Pokémon are of this type, and, being the type with most Legendary Pokémon, for many, the Psychic type is the most powerful. Psychic-type Pokémon tend to be very intelligent.
To attack, the use their mind power, thus having high special stats and low physical stats. However, this is not always like this.
Famous Psychic-type Pokémon Trainers include Sabrina, the sixth Gym Leader of Kanto; Will, first member of the Johto Pokémon League; Tate and Liza, the seventh Gym Leaders of Hoenn; Lucian, the fourth member of the Sinnoh Pokémon League; Caitlin, a member of the Unova Pokémon League; and Olympia, seventh Kalos Gym Leader.
- There are 53 Psychic-type moves.
- In battles: Other moves stand out.
- 3 moves are of the type.
- 15 moves are of the type.
- 35 moves are of the type.
- In contests: Clever moves stand out.
- 31 moves are of the type.
- 10 moves are of the type.
- 8 moves are of the type.
- 5 moves are of the type.
- There are no moves of the type.
List of Psychic-type moves
Effectiveness of Psychic-type moves
Super effective against Pokémon of the types: and .
Not very effective against Pokémon of the types: and .
Ineffective against Pokémon of the types: .
Weaknesses and resistances of the Psychic type
A type chart displaying the weaknesses and resistances of a Pokémon when damaged by a move. Empty fields are moves that do normal damage.
Doubly super effective
Known Psychic-type Pokémon Trainers
72 Pokémon are Psychic type. (10.47% of all Pokémon)
Pure Psychic-type Pokémon
32 Pokémon are pure Psychic type. (48.57% of the Psychic-type Pokémon)
Primary Psychic-type Pokémon
14 Pokémon are primary Psychic type. (14.29% of the Psychic-type Pokémon)
Secondary Psychic-type Pokémon
27 Pokémon are secondary Psychic type. (37.14% of the Psychic-type Pokémon)
Relations with other types
- They're strong against the Fighting type because there's a saying that states that mind winds over strength.
- They're strong against the Poison type because psychic concentration can, at times, ignore the body's physical pain. Also, mind cannot be poisoned, while the body yes.
- They're weak against the Bug, Dark and Ghost types because these represent fears, and these take over the mind.
- The Steel resists them because some of them are based in machines, and machines don't have mind or thoughts.
- ^ a b c d Before Generation VI, this was a -type move.
- ^ 100 until Generation V.
- ^ a b c Before Generation VI, this was a -type move.
- ^ a b c d e Before Generation VI, this was a -type move.
- ^ 70 in Generation V.
- ^ a b c d e This Pokémon was a pure -type Pokémon until Generation VI.
- ^ Only in its Aria Forme.