type Pokémon generally have mental abilities associated with psychics in the real world, such as telekinesis, telepathy, teleportation, mind appropriate abilities, etc. Psychic-type Pokémon are generally very powerful when using attacks that use the Special (Red, Blue, and Yellow) or Special Attack (Gold, Silver, and after) stats.-
Abilities of Psychic Pokémon
- Chlorophyll - Just the Exeggcute family; This is a ability.
- Clear Body - Just the Beldum family.
- Early Bird - Just the Natu family.
- Illuminate - Just Starmie.
- Inner Focus - Just like the Abra family.
- Insomnia - Just the Drowzee family.
- Levitate - Just like the Bronzor family.
- Natural Cure - Just Starmie and Celebi.
- Oblivious - Just like the Slowpoke family.
- Own Tempo - Just like the Spoink family.
- Overcoat - Unique to the Solosis family.
- Pressure - Just Mewtwo, Lugia, and Deoxys.
- Pure Power - Unique to the Meditite family.
- Soundproof - Just Mr. Mime.
- Synchronize - Just like the Elgyem family.
- Thick Fat - Just the Spoink family
- Trace - Just like the Ralts family.
Psychic-type Pokémon are weak to, and -type attacks but are highly effective against and -types.
Psychic Pokémon Families
Delta Species Psychic Pokémon
- Vulpix - Ninetails
- Gloom - Vileplume (Steel)
- Omanyte - Omastar
- Cyndaquil - Quilava - Typhlosion
- Treecko - Grovyle
- Trapinch - Vibrava - Flygon