| July 16, 2015*|
March 18, 2016*
|March 18, 2016|
|March 18, 2016|
|Platform||Arcade, Wii U|
Pokkén Tournament is a fighting game developed by The Pokemon Company in collaboration with Namco Bandai Games. It was teased in August 2013 in a Japanese event. On August 26, 2014, it was officially announced by Famitsu. It was released in Japanese arcades in July 16, 2015, and eventually released worldwide on the Wii U in March 18, 2016.
The game features the traditional arcade fighting style. Pokémon fight with the same moves they have in main series. They can also Mega Evolve. However, despite having gameplay from the Tekken series, characters from Tekken aren't featured or playable in the game.
- Pikachu Libre
- Emolga - Uses Shock Wave to attack the opponent
- Fennekin - Uses Ember to attack the opponent
- Snivy - Uses Leaf Tornado to attack the opponent
- Lapras - Uses Surf to attack the opponent
- Frogadier - Uses Water Pulse to attack the opponent
- Eevee - Uses Helping Hand to increase attack power + recover HP
- Mismagius - Uses Ominous Wind to attack the opponent + slightly boost attack
- Ninetales - Uses Will-O-Wisp to create a temporary barrier that damages the foe
- Jirachi - Uses Wish to completely fill the user's Burst Gauge
- Whimsicott - Uses Substitute to absorb attacks three times
- Electrode - Uses Explosion to counter opponent's attacks
The name Pokkén is drived from Pokémon and Tekken. The game's logo is similar to Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
The fighting engine is somehow a combination of other 3-D arena-based fighting games, such as the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm series and Dissidia Final Fantasy.
The special attack combos are similar to Rage Arts from the upcoming Tekken 7.