Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia (ポケモンレンジャー バトナージ Pokémon Renjā Batonāji) is the second game in the Pokémon Ranger series. The main plot of the game is to gather all sorts of Pokémon in unique way using the Nintendo DS stylus and the touch screen. You can then use the Pokémon to help you bypass terrains (like logs, boulders, ice chunks, etc.), or when trying to capture other Pokémons.
The first game, Pokémon Ranger, allows the player to have either Plusle or Minun as a Partner Pokémon. Now the player can have up to 17 partner Pokémon (one for each type) but may only use one at a time. The first partner Pokémon is a Starly, a Munchlax, or a Pachirisu. (spoiler alert): These 3 partners you can get from the main plot, but for the others you are required to complete certain quests.
- Mime Jr. (Main Plot)
- Cranidos (Quests)
- Kricketot (Main Plot)
- Piplup (Quests)
- Machop (Quests)
- Croagunk (Quests)
- Munchlax (Main Plot and Optional)
- Starly (Main Plot and Optional)
- Pachirisu (Main Plot and Optional)
- Shieldon (Quests)
- Chimchar (Quests)
- Hippopotas (Quests)
- Gible (Quests)
- Misdreavus (Quests)
- Turtwig (Quests)
- Sneasel (Quests)
- Snover (Quests)
- It takes place in a new region called Almia , near Fiore.
- The catchable Pokémon in the game are the four generations and the total number is 270 species Pokémon. As in the Pokémon Ranger original, not all species appear.
The Starter Pokémon in the game no longer Minun and Plusle they have been extended to a total of 17 different options.
- Besides field movements, the Rangers can now use other types of movements, such as area maps, which allow the player to move faster, for example, riding or flying in Doduo or Staraptor
- The grabber has been improved and now allows for more energy and friendship Pokémon transmitted to last longer during capture.
- Errands are introduced, small missions that are not mandatory, only reward you with a small amount of experience.
- You can get new Pokémon Diamond and Pearl as Darkrai, an egg of Manaphy and Riolu with Aura Sphere, through special missions.
- From the main menu also changes if it's day (on the top screen will be the day) and if it is dark (in the upper display will be at night).
VillainsThe main antagonist of this series is the Team Dim Sun, who aims to control all the Pokémon in the Almia region.
Team Dim Sun was hired by Blake Hall, who seems to be the president of the Altru Tower. The commanders are Lavana, Ice, Heath, and of course, the boss is Mr. Kincaid.