|Pokémon X and Y|
|Publisher||Nintendo/The Pokémon Company|
Pokémon X and Y are the two new games of Generation VI announced for the 3DS by Nintendo President, Satoru Iwata. The games are to be released worldwide October 2013.
These two new Pokémon games are set in a new region and are of a different, 3D game-play style. From the trailer, we see that you can explore around various landscapes and encounter Pokémon through the classic trainer battles and tall grass.
The trailer also shows off three new Pokémon which appear to be the Fire, Grass and Water starters.
- Chespin, a Grass-type Pokémon: a brown, joey-looking Pokémon with a green hat with spikes, small arms and a small tail.
- Fennekin, a Fire-type Pokémon: an orange, fox-looking Pokémon with flame-like fur emerging from its ears. Fennekin also shares its name and appearance with the Fennec Fox.
- Froakie, a Water-type Pokémon: a blue, frog-looking Pokémon with a white puffball on its back.
The two legendary Pokémon that are the mascots for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y have been officially named as: Xerneas and Yveltal. Xerneas seems to be a buck with rainbow antlers, while Yveltal seems to be an avian of some sort, who is shaped like the letter Y.
The set release date for Pokémon X and Y is October 2013 in most of the world including; North America, Australia, Europe, and Japan.
- This is the first Pokémon game to be released worldwide at the same time.
- It is possibly known that the game draw inspiration from Europe. One of the main facts is known that there is a Tower based on the Eiffel Tower, the main monument of France, has been located in a unnamed town and behind Pikachu at the beginning of the trailer. A bridge that has been based on the popular London Bridge has also been appeared in the game as seen in the trailer after that the female player is running over it.
- It is also possible that the two new Legendary Pokémon that were introduced may actually end up in a trio, with each representing the X, Y and Z axes of the 3rd dimension.
- This is the first main Pokémon title that uses single letters instead using colors or material items for the sub-title.
- This is the first Pokémon game to be made entirely in 3D that isn't a spin-off.
- These are the first two games to have their mascot's English name released before their Japanese names.
- Xerneas and Yveltal might be based on Norse mythology.
- It is possible that a Pokémon Z will be released later on (like after Diamond and Pearl came Platinum).
|This article is a stub. Please help the Pokémon Wiki by expanding it.|