The Special:Chat policy helps to enforce that Pokémon Wiki is not a chatroom. This page lists the various rules to follow in chat, the Chat Moderators that enforce these rules and how to appeal a kick or ban from chat.
- If you do not edit on this wiki, we kindly ask that you do not use our chat. You will be kindly asked to leave, if you do not comply, you will be forcefully removed from chat. If you wish to appeal this forced removal from chat, see the Contesting Mod decisions section.
- The only exception to this rule is if you are in chat to request help. After getting help, you will kindly be asked to leave until you have enough edits.
- We request that you have at least 10 edits on this wiki before using the chat. Please note that, in chat, edits are called EXP. They do not need to be all mainspace edits.
- However, the edits cannot be more than 50% in the userspace or user talkspace.
- VSTF, Staff, and Helpers are an exception to this whole rule.
- Although you can talk about anything in chat, we ask that you do not talk about the following:
- Personal information.
- Another user in a negative way.
- Inappropriate topics.
- We ask that you do not swear in chat.
- "Damn", "Hell", and "Crap" are acceptable, anything else is not.
- We kindly ask that you do not roleplay in the chat.
- Do not spam.
- Spamming means you post something that could be posted in one line. (ie: "I went to the park yesterday". If you turn that into "I/went/to/the/park/yesterday" it will be considered spam.)
- We kindly ask that you do not advertise another site in chat.
- Do not sock or meatpuppet.
- Do not pretend to be another user.
- Please listen to Chat Moderators' or Admins' warnings.
- If you follow these rules and meet the requirement of 10 edits, be sure to check your editcount first, feel free to join us in chat.
For Chat Mods
- If you are a Chat Moderator, please give all users three warnings before kicking or banning them.
- If they are swearing, spamming, or discussing inappropriate topics, they only get one warning.
- When asking a user to leave, only one chat moderator needs to be asking, more than one talking at the same time causes confusion.
Chat ModeratorsA user with the Chat Moderator user right, along with administrators, can use the kick and ban features in chat and can unban users from chat. While they are there just to keep the peace and uphold the rules, when a Chat Moderator or Administrator asks you not to do something, don't do it. A Chat Moderator or Administrator can easily be distinguished from other users in chat by the star next to their username. All of our Chat Moderators:
Contesting Mod decisions
- If you disagree with a warning or kick, PM the Admin or Chat Moderator. Remember to resolve it calmly and quietly, it shows care and intellect, more importantly, if you do it right the Admin/Chat Moderator may take back their warning.
- If you disagree with a ban, leave a message on the blocking Admin or Chat moderator's talk page. Remember to resolve it calmly and quietly, if you do it right the Admin/Chat Moderator may lessen or take back their block.