|This page is an archive.|
— Slayingthehalcyon Contributions Edit Count
With the Curse move happening pretty soon, it'll be the best for us to pick an admin, and a bureaucrat for that matter. Slaying has been a great user for as long as he's been here. He enforces the 25 edit requirement rule, pays attention to vandalism, and has been a great asset to the team. While he doesn't have the rollback flag, at this point we need someone who will be able to do all this. I don't want to jump ahead and have him go to bureaucrat without having gone from rollback to admin first, but things must be done.
I didn't want to do this so soon because I feel Slaying has some maturing that still needs to happen. But he is honestly the only person I trust at this point in time to become a user with rights. I feel Slaying has a good enough judgement so that when the time comes for needing admins, he'll pick them wisely and will be able to support/oppose with good judgement. --– Jazzi (talk) 19:23, August 4, 2012 (UTC)
- I accept this nomination.
- Support: As nominator, I have posted all the reasons I feel he's the best choice. – Jazzi (talk) 19:23, August 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Support: I trust him to make good decisions in promotions and helping around the wiki. :) I support. Do take care of the wiki! --Bermuda (talk) 00:36, August 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Support: I knew him as the chat mod, and he's a good friend, so I'll support him.
- Support: He is very good as chat mod, good on chat, and encouraging me to make users read the rules for chat. He is a perfect fit for it.~98malimal (talk) ~~Be Cool Be U~~ 00:26, August 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Support: I previously mentioned to him on chat that he was deserving of a promotion after the move, and I still feel that way. Congrats, slaying. ChaosVoid 01:41, August 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Comment: Winxfan, if your sole purpose here is to become admin, I think you need to check in with your priorities. You may meet the requirements, but you aren't ready. And you just proved that with that vote. – Jazzi (talk) 19:03, August 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Comment: Better?
— Bermuda Contributions Edit Count
Requesting for my own demotion; while I can demote myself, I would like to have others opinions. While I had a demotion ready for the near future (somewhere around December) as retirement from Wikia to focus on reality, I never knew it would come this early. I have a lot of personal things to handle right now and later on, especially since it is going to be a stressful year. Taking a break sounds nice, but frankly, I'm no longer feeling that wiki spirit. I haven't even been committed here or any other wiki lately (or in any case, never had been). I'm just feeling stressed and overly focused on reality as of now. I'm ready to take a very long "break" from Wikia.
To sum it up, I'm retiring from Pokémon Wiki and/or other wikis (or Wikia altogether). Sadly, this is my first stop onto retirement on Wikia.
I wrote this at midnight, so please disregard any confusion. :P Take care of the wiki and/or the new wiki. :)
- Comment: There's no way I can oppose this, as this is what you want. And there's no way in hell I'm going to support this. And as much as I don't want you to go, I understand why. It'll be weird not seeing you 'round. But, this is what you want. And I'm glad you're getting other opinions instead of going "LOL BUMP DIS". You were a great admin, a great user, a great asset to the team. I wish you the best with where you're going, and as much as I want you to stay, this is your choice, and you have to do it for you. Jäzzi 19:00, August 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Comment: I appreciate your comment Jazzi. :) Now that I'm fully refreshed, I have remembered the actual reason for creating this demotion. I may pop up once in a while in either this or the new wiki to help edit and/or clean vandalism, but clearly not as an admin or a user with rights; however, I'm still undecided. My official retirement from Wikia should be around December (although things may change that). For now, I'm just making less appearances.
- Comment: Not that I have any real place to say much. But Bermuda, whatever you decide to do will obviously be the right decision. and as for me. I trust you to do whats best.
- Comment: I really hate to see you go: you're level-headed, calm, and a really great help to the wiki; you're the paragon of what an admin should be. Nevertheless; best wishes to you and your future. ChaosVoid 01:46, August 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Comment: I see. This is going nowhere. :P I guess I'll leave this decision up to me when it's the right time. I appreciate everyone's comments, really. So... just close down this demotion I guess.
- Comment: Erm, you know admins can remove their own rights, right? – Jazzi (talk) 00:28, August 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Comment: Yes, I am aware. If I didn't make my previous comment clear, it means when the time is right, I'm just going to remove it myself. I created this to hear others opinions on whether I should keep the rights (while being less active) or get rid of it since I don't see the point in keeping rights if I'm going to be that character who appears once in a while with no major role. But, apparently, this didn't go anywhere. :P So now, I'm just going to take this on my own measures.
- Oppose: You're not ready. You've proved that this is what you want, and basically only what you want. Your ban on requesting for rights ended on December 9, two days go by and you request for rollback again. You didn't even bother to put in an actual reason as to why you would like rollback rights. The reason you have for this one is the same reason you have for the last one. I think you need to wait longer. – Jazzi talk 20:19, December 13, 2012 (UTC)
— KidProdigy Contributions Edit Count
I like to volunteer to be a rollback editor around this wiki. I am extremely sharp to pages that are vandalized by different contributors around this wiki. First though about gaining rollback rights was for me unnecessary because as a normal editor I can also undo the edits of pages that has been vandalised. But to make a hard work to be simple as example: if a page has been vandalized repeatedly by the same contributor, then it would be simple for me as a rollback editor to undo the edits with one simple click, instead of searching throughout the history of the vandalized page at the point when it was about to be vandalized which can cause for me confussiona lot of time. I hope that you understand my reason why I am volunteering myself to be a rollback editor, and I hope that it is enough reason to become a rollback editor. Thanky you for your time, Regards, KidProdigy (Local Userpage ⁝ Local Talk) 13:47, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Support: I will say, that you have done really well, and in this, you have my support, And I agree with you, it is much easier to rollback stuff.
- Support: You are an active editor and your edits do a lot of help. In terms of reverting vandalism, you do a lot too and you also always report it everything you find some. 16:51, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Support: Definite support. You do a lot of work here and you deserve it. – EnemyPeacemaker 17:17, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Support: He has been shown to be quite "the basher of vandals". Energy X ∞ 19:48, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
— EnemyPeacemaker Contributions Edit Count
I was a bureaucrat on the Marriland Wiki after the split and I would like to have my rights transferred overt from that wiki to this one. I'm a very consistent editor and while I do need my breaks, as everyone does, I mark when I'm leaving. Unless it is short notice. I've done countless work here such as cleaning up images which are low quality. Making sure articles are not copied from Bulbapedia. I've also replaced the low quality images. I've done a lot of formatting and a lot with template clean up. I feel I have the right judgement to be able to be a bureaucrat of this wiki. Wikis need more than one bureaucrat and I feel that I could be the second one. I do my job very well, as proven by my work as an admin under the account name Jäzzi. And this isn't a "oh I'm the rightful admin here". This is a "I know how to do the job of a bureaucrat, and I can help share the weight of it." I would like to be given the chance to be a bureaucrat here and I hope you consider it. – EnemyPeacemaker 23:39, January 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Support: Good to see you back, you obviously have much experience and there couldn't be anyone else better and ready for the role (although personally I'd like to see about 100 edits from you before this is put into place). 15:11, January 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Support: I need the help. >.<
- Comment: I'm just wondering how this is going to work out since it's only two supports and I think it's fallen under the radar. – EnemyPeacemaker 13:09, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: We only really have two people who are actively voting and stuff. I may just pass it. If there isn't another vote by like the 26th, I'll just promote you.
- Comment: Yes, I think so too. If there's no serious objection by then it should be granted. 16:51, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: I don't know if any word came in while I was away, but just wondering how this is now. – EnemyPeacemaker 14:36, January 26, 2013 (UTC)
— Blugo34 Contributions Edit Count
I make good quality edits and I'm pretty sure this wiki is running down and need of editors, I'm requesting rollback rights for fighting of vandalism in the wiki. I will do productive edits and not lavish ones. I am also starting to remove broken file links in certain user pages/talk pages and starting to correct some spelling. Since I'm an admin, rollbacks in different wikis. And I'm not giving up that easily. --I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then. 12:04, January 27, 2013 (UTC)