|This page is an archive.|
— Slayingthehalcyon Talk Contributions Edit Count
With the Curse move happening pretty soon, it'll be the best for us to pick an admin, and a bureaucrat for that matter. Slaying has been a great user for as long as he's been here. He enforces the 25 edit requirement rule, pays attention to vandalism, and has been a great asset to the team. While he doesn't have the rollback flag, at this point we need someone who will be able to do all this. I don't want to jump ahead and have him go to bureaucrat without having gone from rollback to admin first, but things must be done.
I didn't want to do this so soon because I feel Slaying has some maturing that still needs to happen. But he is honestly the only person I trust at this point in time to become a user with rights. I feel Slaying has a good enough judgement so that when the time comes for needing admins, he'll pick them wisely and will be able to support/oppose with good judgement. --– Jazzi (talk) 19:23, August 4, 2012 (UTC)
- I accept this nomination.
Support: As nominator, I have posted all the reasons I feel he's the best choice. – Jazzi (talk) 19:23, August 4, 2012 (UTC) Support: I trust him to make good decisions in promotions and helping around the wiki. :) I support. Do take care of the wiki! --Bermuda (talk) 00:36, August 5, 2012 (UTC) Support: I knew him as the chat mod, and he's a good friend, so I'll support him. Signed, Winxfan1. I am the ultimate fan of Winx Club 11:48, August 5, 2012 (UTC) Support: He is very good as chat mod, good on chat, and encouraging me to make users read the rules for chat. He is a perfect fit for it.~98malimal (talk) ~~Be Cool Be U~~ 00:26, August 8, 2012 (UTC) Support: I previously mentioned to him on chat that he was deserving of a promotion after the move, and I still feel that way. Congrats, slaying. ChaosVoid 01:41, August 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Comment: Winxfan, if your sole purpose here is to become admin, I think you need to check in with your priorities. You may meet the requirements, but you aren't ready. And you just proved that with that vote. – Jazzi (talk) 19:03, August 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Comment: Better?
— Bermuda Talk Contributions Edit Count
Requesting for my own demotion; while I can demote myself, I would like to have others opinions. While I had a demotion ready for the near future (somewhere around December) as retirement from Wikia to focus on reality, I never knew it would come this early. I have a lot of personal things to handle right now and later on, especially since it is going to be a stressful year. Taking a break sounds nice, but frankly, I'm no longer feeling that wiki spirit. I haven't even been committed here or any other wiki lately (or in any case, never had been). I'm just feeling stressed and overly focused on reality as of now. I'm ready to take a very long "break" from Wikia.
To sum it up, I'm retiring from Pokémon Wiki and/or other wikis (or Wikia altogether). Sadly, this is my first stop onto retirement on Wikia.
I wrote this at midnight, so please disregard any confusion. :P Take care of the wiki and/or the new wiki. :)
- Comment: There's no way I can oppose this, as this is what you want. And there's no way in hell I'm going to support this. And as much as I don't want you to go, I understand why. It'll be weird not seeing you 'round. But, this is what you want. And I'm glad you're getting other opinions instead of going "LOL BUMP DIS". You were a great admin, a great user, a great asset to the team. I wish you the best with where you're going, and as much as I want you to stay, this is your choice, and you have to do it for you. Jäzzi 19:00, August 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Comment: I appreciate your comment Jazzi. :) Now that I'm fully refreshed, I have remembered the actual reason for creating this demotion. I may pop up once in a while in either this or the new wiki to help edit and/or clean vandalism, but clearly not as an admin or a user with rights; however, I'm still undecided. My official retirement from Wikia should be around December (although things may change that). For now, I'm just making less appearances.
- Comment: Not that I have any real place to say much. But Bermuda, whatever you decide to do will obviously be the right decision. and as for me. I trust you to do whats best.
- Comment: I really hate to see you go: you're level-headed, calm, and a really great help to the wiki; you're the paragon of what an admin should be. Nevertheless; best wishes to you and your future. ChaosVoid 01:46, August 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Comment: I see. This is going nowhere. :P I guess I'll leave this decision up to me when it's the right time. I appreciate everyone's comments, really. So... just close down this demotion I guess.
- Comment: Erm, you know admins can remove their own rights, right? – Jazzi (talk) 00:28, August 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Comment: Yes, I am aware. If I didn't make my previous comment clear, it means when the time is right, I'm just going to remove it myself. I created this to hear others opinions on whether I should keep the rights (while being less active) or get rid of it since I don't see the point in keeping rights if I'm going to be that character who appears once in a while with no major role. But, apparently, this didn't go anywhere. :P So now, I'm just going to take this on my own measures.