Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This page is an archive.
— Slayingthehalcyon Talk Contributions Edit Count
With the Curse move happening pretty soon, it'll be the best for us to pick an admin, and a bureaucrat for that matter. Slaying has been a great user for as long as he's been here. He enforces the 25 edit requirement rule, pays attention to vandalism, and has been a great asset to the team. While he doesn't have the rollback flag, at this point we need someone who will be able to do all this. I don't want to jump ahead and have him go to bureaucrat without having gone from rollback to admin first, but things must be done.
I didn't want to do this so soon because I feel Slaying has some maturing that still needs to happen. But he is honestly the only person I trust at this point in time to become a user with rights. I feel Slaying has a good enough judgement so that when the time comes for needing admins, he'll pick them wisely and will be able to support/oppose with good judgement. --– Jazzi (talk) 19:23, August 4, 2012 (UTC)
- I accept this nomination.
- Support: As nominator, I have posted all the reasons I feel he's the best choice. – Jazzi (talk) 19:23, August 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Support: I trust him to make good decisions in promotions and helping around the wiki. :) I support. Do take care of the wiki! --Bermuda (talk) 00:36, August 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Support: I knew him as the chat mod, and he's a good friend, so I'll support him.
- Support: He is very good as chat mod, good on chat, and encouraging me to make users read the rules for chat. He is a perfect fit for it.~98malimal (talk) ~~Be Cool Be U~~ 00:26, August 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Support: I previously mentioned to him on chat that he was deserving of a promotion after the move, and I still feel that way. Congrats, slaying. ChaosVoid 01:41, August 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Comment: Winxfan, if your sole purpose here is to become admin, I think you need to check in with your priorities. You may meet the requirements, but you aren't ready. And you just proved that with that vote. – Jazzi (talk) 19:03, August 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Comment: Better?
— Bermuda Talk Contributions Edit Count
Requesting for my own demotion; while I can demote myself, I would like to have others opinions. While I had a demotion ready for the near future (somewhere around December) as retirement from Wikia to focus on reality, I never knew it would come this early. I have a lot of personal things to handle right now and later on, especially since it is going to be a stressful year. Taking a break sounds nice, but frankly, I'm no longer feeling that wiki spirit. I haven't even been committed here or any other wiki lately (or in any case, never had been). I'm just feeling stressed and overly focused on reality as of now. I'm ready to take a very long "break" from Wikia.
To sum it up, I'm retiring from Pokémon Wiki and/or other wikis (or Wikia altogether). Sadly, this is my first stop onto retirement on Wikia.
I wrote this at midnight, so please disregard any confusion. :P Take care of the wiki and/or the new wiki. :)
- Comment: There's no way I can oppose this, as this is what you want. And there's no way in hell I'm going to support this. And as much as I don't want you to go, I understand why. It'll be weird not seeing you 'round. But, this is what you want. And I'm glad you're getting other opinions instead of going "LOL BUMP DIS". You were a great admin, a great user, a great asset to the team. I wish you the best with where you're going, and as much as I want you to stay, this is your choice, and you have to do it for you. Jäzzi 19:00, August 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Comment: I appreciate your comment Jazzi. :) Now that I'm fully refreshed, I have remembered the actual reason for creating this demotion. I may pop up once in a while in either this or the new wiki to help edit and/or clean vandalism, but clearly not as an admin or a user with rights; however, I'm still undecided. My official retirement from Wikia should be around December (although things may change that). For now, I'm just making less appearances.
- Comment: Not that I have any real place to say much. But Bermuda, whatever you decide to do will obviously be the right decision. and as for me. I trust you to do whats best.
- Comment: I really hate to see you go: you're level-headed, calm, and a really great help to the wiki; you're the paragon of what an admin should be. Nevertheless; best wishes to you and your future. ChaosVoid 01:46, August 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Comment: I see. This is going nowhere. :P I guess I'll leave this decision up to me when it's the right time. I appreciate everyone's comments, really. So... just close down this demotion I guess.
- Comment: Erm, you know admins can remove their own rights, right? – Jazzi (talk) 00:28, August 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Comment: Yes, I am aware. If I didn't make my previous comment clear, it means when the time is right, I'm just going to remove it myself. I created this to hear others opinions on whether I should keep the rights (while being less active) or get rid of it since I don't see the point in keeping rights if I'm going to be that character who appears once in a while with no major role. But, apparently, this didn't go anywhere. :P So now, I'm just going to take this on my own measures.
- Oppose: You're not ready. You've proved that this is what you want, and basically only what you want. Your ban on requesting for rights ended on December 9, two days go by and you request for rollback again. You didn't even bother to put in an actual reason as to why you would like rollback rights. The reason you have for this one is the same reason you have for the last one. I think you need to wait longer. – Jazzi talk 20:19, December 13, 2012 (UTC)
— KidProdigy Talk Contributions Edit Count
I like to volunteer to be a rollback editor around this wiki. I am extremely sharp to pages that are vandalized by different contributors around this wiki. First though about gaining rollback rights was for me unnecessary because as a normal editor I can also undo the edits of pages that has been vandalised. But to make a hard work to be simple as example: if a page has been vandalized repeatedly by the same contributor, then it would be simple for me as a rollback editor to undo the edits with one simple click, instead of searching throughout the history of the vandalized page at the point when it was about to be vandalized which can cause for me confussiona lot of time. I hope that you understand my reason why I am volunteering myself to be a rollback editor, and I hope that it is enough reason to become a rollback editor. Thanky you for your time, Regards, KidProdigy (Local Userpage ⁝ Local Talk) 13:47, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Support: I will say, that you have done really well, and in this, you have my support, And I agree with you, it is much easier to rollback stuff.
- Support: You are an active editor and your edits do a lot of help. In terms of reverting vandalism, you do a lot too and you also always report it everything you find some. 16:51, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Support: Definite support. You do a lot of work here and you deserve it. – EnemyPeacemaker 17:17, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Support: He has been shown to be quite "the basher of vandals". Energy X ∞ 19:48, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
— EnemyPeacemaker Talk Contributions Edit Count
I was a bureaucrat on the Marriland Wiki after the split and I would like to have my rights transferred overt from that wiki to this one. I'm a very consistent editor and while I do need my breaks, as everyone does, I mark when I'm leaving. Unless it is short notice. I've done countless work here such as cleaning up images which are low quality. Making sure articles are not copied from Bulbapedia. I've also replaced the low quality images. I've done a lot of formatting and a lot with template clean up. I feel I have the right judgement to be able to be a bureaucrat of this wiki. Wikis need more than one bureaucrat and I feel that I could be the second one. I do my job very well, as proven by my work as an admin under the account name Jäzzi. And this isn't a "oh I'm the rightful admin here". This is a "I know how to do the job of a bureaucrat, and I can help share the weight of it." I would like to be given the chance to be a bureaucrat here and I hope you consider it. – EnemyPeacemaker 23:39, January 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Support: Good to see you back, you obviously have much experience and there couldn't be anyone else better and ready for the role (although personally I'd like to see about 100 edits from you before this is put into place). 15:11, January 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Support: I need the help. >.<
- Comment: I'm just wondering how this is going to work out since it's only two supports and I think it's fallen under the radar. – EnemyPeacemaker 13:09, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: We only really have two people who are actively voting and stuff. I may just pass it. If there isn't another vote by like the 26th, I'll just promote you.
- Comment: Yes, I think so too. If there's no serious objection by then it should be granted. 16:51, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: I don't know if any word came in while I was away, but just wondering how this is now. – EnemyPeacemaker 14:36, January 26, 2013 (UTC)
— Blugo34 Talk Contributions Edit Count
I make good quality edits and I'm pretty sure this wiki is running down and need of editors, I'm requesting rollback rights for fighting of vandalism in the wiki. I will do productive edits and not lavish ones. I am also starting to remove broken file links in certain user pages/talk pages and starting to correct some spelling. Since I'm an admin, rollbacks in different wikis. And I'm not giving up that easily. --I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then. 12:04, January 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: Well, those three supporters doesn't have no 100 mainspace edits + two out of three came here to comment just today. It is in some way odd that they knew Blugo came here to volunteer as a rollback. Regards, KidProdigy (Local Userpage ⁝ Local Talk) 12:39, January 27, 2013 (UTC)
— KidProdigy Talk Contributions Edit Count
I would like to make a request to become a administrator of the Pokémon Wiki. I know that it is too early to make another request because I got promoted like a week ago to rollback user. But the reason for this early request is because I want to make this wiki grow, not only me because for that I need a lot of help from other editors who also want to make this wiki shine. I dislike to see this wiki crumble and that many users are fighting with each other. I am a extremely active contributor with already over 1,000 edits around this wiki and almost 50,000 around the entire wikia network. Also I am also polite against other users which can start from a problem but I can solve it into a good going conversation. I would like to help a lot more and want to achieve this wiki's dream in becoming also a number one source of Pokémon information just like Serebii and Bulbapedia and I would never let this wiki crumble because of the lack of information because it needs a lot of patience to achieve it. I would like to help everyone out with solving their problems and different kinds of issues they are facing. Maybe it is too early to ask for another promotion but I really want to show this entire wiki what I've got and I will give it my all to make this wiki long awaited dream come true also with the help of many Pokémon fans. I hope that you'll accept my request because I will never let this wiki fall. Thank you for your time. Regards, KidProdigy (Local Userpage ⁝ Local Talk) 20:50, February 1, 2013 (UTC)
- Support: Hell, you're basically admin on every wiki you edit. You are trusted enough for this (by me at least), then! Energy X ∞ 20:56, February 1, 2013 (UTC)
Energy X (rollback)
— Energy X Talk Contributions Edit Count
So, hi! My name is Jakov (aka Energy X) and this is my request for rollback. As most of you know, I edit the anime articles - usually KidProdigy corrects grammar (Special thanks for him!). What I am really annoyed at is that vandals cause trouble - once I even saw one vandalising a template (!), so reverted it. The reason for the rollback is that I want to deal swiftly with reverting the vandalism. That and the fact I want to become an admin to deal with vandals on spot. In any case, I think I have written an essay of this request, so this is it.
- Oppose: It appears that what you want is administrative rights. You even admitted that you were going to ask for admin straight out. This is a no. Perhaps when your motive isn't just to be an admin. – EnemyPeacemaker 23:55, February 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose: For the same reason that Jäzzi stated.
- Comment: Well, it is not that I want admin tools. It is only the reason that I want to deal on vandals when nobody is around with the ability to do it. We need more admins and I can tell you already I know what the duties of the admin are - deleting unnecesary pages, blocking vandals and be helpful to others. If you are not convinced either way, then see this. Energy X ∞ 10:37, February 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: We don't exactly need another admin, and we may get vandals when others aren't on, but the admins we have are capable of doing the job. – EnemyPeacemaker 13:38, February 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: I never said that any admin here is uncapable, it is just that there aren't many active ons. Still, if you think that this site has got many (active) admins, why voting no on the rollback request as it is not an admin request? Energy X ∞ 16:51, February 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: the only reason that you are asking for rollback now, is because you couldn't directly get to admin, which cuts you short from the power that you wanted.
- Comment: I might have used the wrong words in the user request, but I think we all miss the point here - to enable for me to deal more swiftly with vandals. Energy X ∞ 19:32, February 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: Undo works fine. – EnemyPeacemaker 20:34, February 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: Maybe so, but takes certainly more time then pressing one button. Energy X ∞ 20:42, February 10, 2013 (UTC)
— KidProdigy Talk Contributions Edit Count
Hello everyone, my name is KidProdigy, and I would like to volunteer as one of the administrators of the Pokémon Wiki. To show faith, I am a extremely active and loyal contributor to the Pokémon Wiki, I've added useful images, templates and am undoing vandalism and evenly reports to the administrators when it becomes a very big problem, but normally I am trying to solve the problem myself. I also have 3,000+ edits made around this wiki and over 40,000+ in total. I know how to use administrator rights properly as that I am a administrator at countless wiki's as in deleting, blocking but most important helping other contributors. But also loose from that I want to make this wiki much better than expected. This wiki loses their editors and is a popular attraction for vandalisms. I don't want to see the wiki fall apart, that's why I am working very hard to make the Pokémon Wiki looks new and original and want this wiki to achieve their goal to become popular like Bulbapedia or any other popular Pokémon website evenly if it is going to take a lot of patience to achieve that goal. I hope you all can trust me with administrator rights after my reason why I want to become a administrator. Thank you all for your time. Regards, KidProdigy (Local Userpage ⁝ Local Talk) 08:12, March 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Neutral: For now, I am going to ride the fence. No offence to anyone, What I'm thinking is that we wait a bit longer, about 2-4 weeks, and wait... Wait for what. I know not. but as of now, I feel that we put this off for a while, because at the moment, we only need three admins. we don't have the need for anymore than that.
- Oppose: While I was going to support, I rechecked your warnings to users. I'm opposing because you seem to be to excited about the warning. That's the only good term I have. But what I mean is you're quite: "If you continue to do this, I'm going to contact an admin! DO NOT take content from Bulbapedia!" Or an exactly quote being: "STOP TAKING EXACT THE SAME CONTENTS FROM BULBAPEDIA!!" You're a really good editor, you're just not good with community yet. – EnemyPeacemaker 14:32, March 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: If I can explain the situation, If you check other users that I warn it is regular, but Lucasmoura is the person that I am warning constantly also after that I am undoing his edits. Sorry that it comes rude to you but you must better check what kind of warnings I gave to him in the first place. Regards, KidProdigy (Local Userpage ⁝ Local Talk) 14:38, March 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: It doesn't matter the amount of times you have to warn someone, you have to remain calm when warning users. – EnemyPeacemaker 14:41, March 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: I have my doubts about having 3 admins. This is one of bigger wikis, with a lot of visitors. Each day we face vandals, and having 3 admins is just not enough to keep track of them all. Energy X ∞ 22:34, March 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: Need I remind you, that we have about 5-10 active users, and its not that hard to keep up with all the editing.
- Comment: Maybe so, but what happenes if vandal makes a page with an obvious vandalism? Only admins can delete that, and if not checked, the page stays for a some time (example here). And not to mention the fact that if the vandals continue to harass the site, with nobody able to block them. Posting a message on talk page seems good, but who can promise that the admin is logged in at that time and will block the vandal(s)? The vandals need to be dealt swiftly and quickly, so the conclusion is to have more active admins. Energy X ∞ 22:47, March 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: We can't have an admin lacking in community skills who doesn't handle warnings calmly. – EnemyPeacemaker 01:17, March 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: Energy: You seem to have the problem, of not warning the anon's that what they are doing is wrong. And so asking me to ban them is not cool, Anons need at least a two time warning before they are eligible to be banned.
- Comment: That depends on the severity of what the user, not just an anonymous user, but what the user has done. And I personally go by three warnings, and they should be on the talk page. But I don't know why we're discussing Energy X's warning styles when it's not an RfA for him? – EnemyPeacemaker 21:18, March 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: It needed to be addressed, and energy the conclusion is not to have more admins, the conclusion is to have users that are willing to warn and tell an admin about vandalism and whatnot.
- Comment: I see no discussion when dealing with vandals. Their goal is to harass and troll us. The warning could only be to a user who is a veteran at editing, but even then he/she'd have a good reason for removing content. To warn a vandal not to vandalise is something like saying a bank robber shouldn't rob a bank. Energy X ∞ 21:48, March 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: This really isn't the place to discuss how to deal out warnings, it's to discuss KidProdigy's request for rights. – EnemyPeacemaker 21:54, March 4, 2013 (UTC)
Energy X (rollback)
— Energy X Talk Contributions Edit Count
After my previous request, I learned that I cannot afford the user rights on this Wiki just because I want to. Yesterday, however, after that vandal attack (a long and tedious one), however, I want to ask if the community wants to promote me. Even if I do not pass, I will still be here, as my duty is to share my knowledge and fix other issues.
- Support: I'm okay with this, another user with rollback rights would be beneficial to the wiki. You've proved the you won't do anything wrong and that you're aware of what needs to be done and what doesn't need to be done. I trust you with these rights. – EnemyPeacemaker 10:06, March 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Support: You've been helping out the episode pages, and edit a lot as well. So overall, I think you'd be a good rollback! ;) Aquatic Wartortle Surf! 14:38, March 29, 2013 (UTC)