This article covers the fourth sequel in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series. For other games or uses, see Pokémon Mystery Dungeon (disambiguation).
|Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity|
|November 23, 2012|
|March 24, 2013|
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity is the third sequel in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game series set for release in 2012 in Japan. The release date for the Americas is set for March 24th, 2013, while other release dates are unknown. It was first announced to the public in the Japanese 'CoroCoro' magazine on September 12th, 2012. Not much is yet known about the game.
A major improvement introduced in Gates to Infinity is that the game will feature a full 3D world. All other games in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series so far have been 2D third-person games, so this improvement is quite dramatic.
These are the currently confirmed Pokémon which you may have as starters. Unlike the other handheld Mystery Dungeon games, you are able to choose your playable Pokemon from the start.
- The game features 144 recruitable Pokemon, many of which are from Generation V.
- Will feature appearances from Virizion, Gurdurr, Hydreigon, Cofagrigus, Foongus, Cinccino, Dunsparce, Espeon, Umbreon, Excadrill, Rampardos, Pelipper and Kecleon.
- You receive Quest Requests from Dunsparce and Cofagrigus. They will run a store (details unknown), Rampardos runs the Treasure Store and Kecleon will return with his usual Goods Store.
- A "magnagate" is a type of portal in the game that teleports your team into different dungeons. However, you don't use your own Pokemon, instead having your team chosen for you. The dungeon you are teleported to is randomly selected.
- You will be able to create new Magnagates by using an included AR feature and scanning circular things.