A Pokémon egg is an egg that will hatch into a Pokémon. They were introduced in Generation II. A Pokémon egg can be obtained by breeding two Pokémon in the Day Care Center (leaving them in the day care at the same time). Pokémon will have an egg if one of the following conditions are met:
- Same egg group (e.g. Lucario and Blaziken, both in the Humanshape egg group)
- Different Genders
- Non-legendary (except Phione and Manaphy)
- Ditto and any other Non-legendary (Gen.III/IV)
- Must not be in the No Eggs group (Legendary Pokémon or Baby Pokémon)
Day Care Centers Locations
- In Johto, the Day Care Center is located at Route 34, near Goldenrod City.
- In Hoenn, the center is located at Route 117 between Mauville City and Verdanturf Town.
- In Sinnoh, the center is located in Solaceon Town.
- In Unova, the center is located on Route 3, near Striaton City.
- In the games before Generation IV, Pokémon would hatch at level five instead of level one.
- In Kanto-based games in Generation I and Generation III, a Day Care Center can be located in Route 5, but only one Pokémon can be left at the Day Care. In other generations with Kanto being accessible, it is replaced with a house that one can obtain the Cleanse Tag.
- Some Pokémon eggs like like Yoshi Eggs from the Super Mario series.