A Pokémon egg is an egg that will hatch into a Pokémon. They were introduced in Generation II. A Pokémon egg can be obtained by breeding two Pokémon in the Day Care Center (leaving them in the daycare at the same time). Pokémon left in the daycare will have an egg if all of the following conditions are met:
- Same egg group (e.g. Lucario and Blaziken, both in the Humanshape egg group) or one of them is in the Ditto group (which, currently, is only Ditto itself).
- Different Genders
- Must not be in the No Eggs group (Legendary Pokémon, except Manaphy, Nidoqueen, Nidorina, Unown and Baby Pokémon)
Day Care Centers Locations
- In Johto, the Day Care Center is located at Route 34, near Goldenrod City.
- In Hoenn, the center is located at Route 117 between Mauville City and Verdanturf Town and at the Battle Resort (Omega Ruby/ Alpha Sapphire).
- In Sinnoh, the center is located in Solaceon Town.
- In Unova, the center is located on Route 3, near Striaton City.
- In Kalos, the center is located on Route 7, near Camphrier Town.
- In Alola, It is located in the Paniola Ranch.
- In the games before Generation IV, Pokémon would hatch at level five instead of level one.
- In Kanto-based games in Generation I and Generation III, a Day Care Center can be located in Route 5, but only one Pokémon can be left at the Day Care. In Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold and SoulSilver, with Kanto being accessible, it is replaced with a house where the player can obtain the Cleanse Tag.