A Pokémon Champion is a trainer who has beaten a region's Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and the previous Champion. By being the Pokémon Champion, you can become the most famous face in trainer history. The known Champions are Blue, Lance, Steven, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, and Iris. They all have the most powerful team of that particular region pre-Hall of Fame. Being a Champion may also be the starting point to becoming a Pokémon Master. Pokémon Champions have strong Pokémon and are stronger than most trainers and Gym Leaders. Once you defeat the Champion, you are recognized as the champion, although in the games the player declines the position and allows the previous Champion to reclaim their spot.
|Blue||Kanto (I and III)|
|Lance||Johto (II and IV)|
|Red||Kanto/Storyline (I and III)|
|Alder/Iris||File:IrisB2W2sprite.gif|| Alder) (|
- The majority of the Pokémon Champions have a mixture of Pokémon types for their respective teams, excluding Lance, Steven, Wallace and Iris, in those who do specialise in a single type Dragon is the most common type, Iris is the only female Champion who specialises in a single type.
- Cynthia was the first female Champion although there were female members of previous games' Elite Fours.
- Blue is the rival of the 1st Generation games and Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen and as such is the only Champion that can be named by the player, Blue is the default name.
- Champions can sometimes be found in regions they are not in.
- Alder didn't achieve the rank as 'Champion', but was asked by the Unova Elite Four to take the position but later left the position sometime between Black/White and Black 2/White 2 after being defeated by Iris.
- As of now, Blue and Lance are the only two Champions to have been Champion in two Generations, however this is because the remakes of the game they were in, were in this Generation.
- Lance is the only Champion who is a member of The Elite Four in the previous generation and Blue is the only Champion who became a Gym Leader in a later Generation.