Pokémon-Amie is a new feature in the games Pokémon X and Y. Pokémon-Amie means "Pokémon-Friend" in French.
In Pokémon-Amie, you can care for your Pokémon and you might be able to raise the bonds and friendships between you and your Pokémon. If you make them happy, a lot of good things can happen. (See Benefits for the list)
There are different ways for you to bond your Pokémon.
There are special treats that you can feed Pokemon, and it's called Poke-Puffs. There are 5 different flavors/colors and 6 different styles. The more fancy the style, the closer your Pokemon will be.
- Light Brown/Mocha
- Candle (Only available on your birthday)
Use the stylus to pet your Pokémon. The friendship can be raised depending on where the Pokémon likes to be petted. Be careful, some places on some Pokemon that's not safe to touch. (e.g. a Pikachu's cheeks, Mareep's wool, Litleo's orange fur)
You can also mimic your Pokémon's actions. (Examples: Open mouth wide, medium smile, tilt head, wide eyes).
There are 3 games in Pokemon-Amie with 3 of your party Pokemon. The better you play, the more Poke-Puffs you recieve. Each game has 4 levels (Easy, Normal, Hard, and Unlimited).
Drag the right berries from the tree to your right Pokemon. Be careful, if you give your Pokemon the wrong berry or you wait too long, your Pokemon will leave.
Giant balls of yarns are falling down. Tap your Pokemon at the right time, so it can headbutt it far away. Be careful of yarn globs and the purple balls of yarn, they are trying to mess up the rhythm of your taping.
These are magic puzzles that change and have movement in them. Use your stylus to move the pieces to wear they belong. After you can complete the puzzle, you can decide whether you liked to save it or not.
(Note: None of the benefits work in link battles)
- You and your Pokemon will be closer than ever. (But everyone knows that)
- When in battle, your Pokemon will show excitement in battle, trust you to come up with the best strategy, and nod to you during special battles.
- After your Pokemon lands a big hit, your player will say, "That's it! I knew you could do it!" Also, when your Pokemon defeats the opponent, your player will pet it.
- Battle effects: More likely Crictial Hits, Recover from status effects faster, and raises evasion
- Last, but not least, your Pokemon will bonus experience, which is used to only possible for traded/event Pokemon.
- This is the only way to get Eevee to evolve into Sylveon.