Pokémon-Amie means "Pokémon-Friend" in French.
In Pokémon-Amie, you can interact, play with, feed, and care for any of your Pokémon. This unique feature allows the player to raise the bonds and friendships between them and their Pokémon. There are many benefits to maximizing a Pokémon's affection.
There are multiple ways to interact and raise a Pokémon's affection.
Poke-Puffs are special treats that you can feed Pokemon. There are 5 different flavors/colors and 6 different styles. The fancier the style of Poke-Puff, happier your Pokemon will be when it is fed.
- Light Brown/Spice
- Dark Brown/Mocha
- Candle (Only available on your birthday)
Use the stylus to pet your Pokémon. The affection and friendship can be raised depending on where the Pokémon likes to be petted. There are some places where a Pokémon does not like to be touched (e.g. touching a Honedge's hilt angers it). Some places on certain Pokemon are not safe to touch for the player, causing electric shocks, burns, cuts, and freezes (e.g. Pikachu's cheeks, Kyurem's ice-coated areas, Pyroar's fiery mane, Bisharp's blades).
You can also mimic your Pokémon's actions by making expressions through the 3DS's camera. (Examples: Open mouth wide, medium smile, tilt head, wide eyes). The Pokémon will mimic your movements as well, and becomes happy when you mimic it correctly.
There are 3 games in Pokemon-Amie that include the Pokemon you're playing with and two randomly selected party Pokémon. The better you play, the more Poke-Puffs you will receive. Each game has 4 levels (Easy, Normal, Hard, and Unlimited).
Select the correct berry from a tree for your Pokémon (which it will request) and give it to them. Avoid giving the wrong berry or waiting too long to feed the Pokémon; this happens, your Pokemon will leave, and points will be lost.
Giant balls of yarns are fall down toward your Pokémon. Tap your Pokémon at the right time so it can headbutt it. Be wary of small, stringy yarn globs and the fast-falling purple yarn balls, as they disrupt the rhythm of your taping. If your Pokémon misses the yarn ball, points will be lost.
These are magic puzzles that change and have movement in them. Use your stylus to move the pieces to where they belong. After you can complete the puzzle, you can decide whether you liked to save it or not.
(Note: None of the benefits work in link battles)
- You and your Pokemon will be closer than ever.
- When in battle, your Pokemon will look at you, show excitement in battle, trust you to come up with the best strategy, and nod to you during special battles.
- After your Pokemon lands a big hit, your player will say, "That's it! I knew you could do it!" Also, when your Pokemon defeats the opponent, your player will be able to pet it by tapping the touch screen right after the foe faints.
- Battle effects: More likely Crictial Hits, faster recovery from Status Effects, and evasion increase.
- Your Pokemon will earn boosted experience points, which is was previously only possible for traded/event Pokemon.
- Using Pokémon-Amie to raise an Eevee's affection to two Hearts is the only way to get it to evolve into a Sylveon. Eevee must also know a Fairy-type move.
- If you manage to hack the game to have mega/primal Pokemon, it will be unusable in this and Super Training. If it appears in a game, it will be in a strange position. For example, a Mega Agrron will be bending over with it's arms outstrected.
|Generation II||Generation III||Generation IV||Generation V||Generation VI|
|PokéGear||PokéNav||Pokétch||C-Gear · Xtransceiver||Pokémon-Amie · PSS · ST · Pokénav Plus|