They seem to be based on a flat-stag beetle and have long, pricked horns on its head. Its whole body is a light brown with three claws on each toe.
Pinsir can have the ability Hyper Cutter or the ability Mold Breaker. Hyper Cutter prevents reduction of Pinsir's Attack stat. Mold Breaker allows Pinsir to use moves that would otherwise be non-effective because of an ability. A Pinsir's horns can crush many objects and allow it to pick up extremely heavy things. They group up in the winter to keep warm.
Pinsir does not evolve.
In the anime
|Red/Blue||Safari Zone, Rocket Game Corner (Blue only)||Rare|
|Yellow||Safari Zone, Rocket Game Corner||Rare|
|FireRed/LeafGreen||Safari Zone, Rocket Game Corner (LeafGreen only)||Rare|
|Diamond/Pearl||Route 229 (Pearl only)||Rare|
Name in other languages
- Japanese: カイロス Kailios
- French: Scarabrute
- German: Pinsir
- Pinsir's name comes the word "Pinchers".
- This Pokémon seems to be rivals with Heracross.
- Before the release of Pokémon Gold and Silver, it was speculated that Heracross would've been an evolution or a pre-evolution of Pinsir.
- Pinsir is currently the only non-Fighting type Pokémon to know Vital Throw.
- Despite Pinsir being a Bug-type, he doesn't know any moves via level up until Generation IV.
- In the second and third generations, Pinsir could only learn one Bug-type move, Fury Cutter.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data