The Pikachu-family of Pokémon are an iconic set of Pokémon, each Generation featuring the debut of a Pikachu family, with the first two being Pikachu and its evolution Raichu. Every member is an Electric-type rodent. All have cheek pouches and resemble one another in some way. It must be remembered that the term Pikachu-family is not an official term; it is fan-made.
All members of the Pikachu-family have electricity pouches on their cheeks. The colours vary, with Pikachu, Plusle, and Dedenne having red cheeks; Raichu, Pachirisu, Emolga and Togedemaru having yellow cheeks; Pichu having pink cheeks; and Minun having blue cheeks.
The members are always a type of rodent or lagomorph. Pichu is a chinchilla rat, Pikachu and Raichu are mountain viscacha and plains viscacha; Plusle and Minun are rabbits; Pachirisu and Emolga are squirrels, Dedenne is a Woodland jumping mouse and Togedemaru is a Ryukyu spiny rat.
All members aside from Plusle and Minun keep their Japanese name as their English name.
- Pikachu (Generation I)
- Raichu (Generation I)
- Pichu (Generation II)
- Plusle (Generation III)
- Minun (Generation III)
- Pachirisu (Generation IV)
- Emolga (Generation V)
- Dedenne (Generation VI)
- Togedemaru (Generation VII)
- Alolan Raichu (Generation VII)
- All generations announced at least one Pikachu-Family Pokémon.
- Generation II is the only generation to introduce a new member that was not an entirely new line species: in this case, Pichu.
- Generation III is the only generation to introduce two similar members: in this case, Plusle and Minun.
- Generation V is the only generation to repeat a species to its introduced member: in this case, Emolga being a squirrel like Pachirisu.
- Generation VII is the only generation to introduce an alternate form of one pokemon belonged to a prior generation, in this case Alolan Raichu.
- Ever since Generation IV in the anime, a companion of Ash has a Pikachu-Family Pokémon. Dawn has a Pachirisu, Iris has an Emolga, Clemont has a Dedenne and Sophocles has a Togedemaru.