The Pikachu-family of Pokémon are an iconic set of Pokémon, each Generation featuring the debut of a Pikachu family, with the first two being Pikachu and its evolution Raichu. Every member is an type rodent. All have cheek pouches and resemble one another in some way. It must be remembered that the term Pikachu-family is not an official term; it is fan-made.-
All members of the Pikachu-family have electricity pouches on their cheeks. The colours vary, with Pikachu, Plusle, and Dedenne having red cheeks; Raichu, Pachirisu, Emolga and Togedemaru having yellow cheeks; Pichu having pink cheeks; and Minun having blue cheeks.
The members are always a type of rodent or lagomorph. Pichu is a chinchilla rat, Pikachu and Raichu are mountain viscacha and plains viscacha; Plusle and Minun are rabbits; Pachirisu and Emolga are squirrels, Dedenne is a Woodland jumping mouse and Togedemaru is a Ryukyu spiny rat.
All members aside from Plusle and Minun keep their Japanese name as their English name.
- Pikachu (Generation I)
- Raichu (Generation I)
- Pichu (Generation II)
- Plusle (Generation III)
- Minun (Generation III)
- Pachirisu (Generation IV)
- Emolga (Generation V)
- Dedenne (Generation VI)
- Togedemaru (Generation VII)
- All generations announced at least one Pikachu-Family Pokémon.
- Ever since Generation IV in the anime, a companion of Ash caught a Pikachu-Family Pokémon for example Dawn's Pachirisu, Iris's Emolga, and Clemont's Dedenne.
- Generation II is the only generation to introduced a new member that was not an enterally new line species.