Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Pikachu-family of Pokémon are an iconic set of Pokémon, each Generation featuring the debut of a Pikachu family, with the first two being Pikachu and its evolution Raichu. Every member is an Electric-type rodent. All have cheek pouches and resemble one another in some way. It must be remembered that the term Pikachu-family is not an official term; it is fan-made.
All members of the Pikachu-family have electricity pouches on their cheeks. The colours vary, with Pikachu, Plusle, and Dedenne having red cheeks; Raichu, Pachirisu, Emolga and Togedemaru having yellow cheeks; Pichu having pink cheeks; and Minun having blue cheeks.
The members are always a type of rodent or lagomorph. Pichu is a chinchilla rat, Pikachu and Raichu are mountain viscacha and plains viscacha; Plusle and Minun are rabbits; Pachirisu and Emolga are squirrels, Dedenne is a Woodland jumping mouse and Togedemaru is a Ryukyu spiny rat.
All members aside from Plusle and Minun keep their Japanese name as their English name.
- Pikachu (Generation I)
- Raichu (Generation I)
- Pichu (Generation II)
- Plusle (Generation III)
- Minun (Generation III)
- Pachirisu (Generation IV)
- Emolga (Generation V)
- Dedenne (Generation VI)
- Togedemaru (Generation VII)
- Alolan Raichu (Generation VII)
- All generations announced at least one Pikachu-Family Pokémon.
- Generation II is the only generation to introduce a new member that was not an entirely new line species: in this case, Pichu.
- Generation III is the only generation to introduce two similar members: in this case, Plusle and Minun.
- Generation V is the only generation to repeat a species to its introduced member: in this case, Emolga being a squirrel like Pachirisu.
- Generation VII is the only generation to introduce an alternate form of one pokemon belonged to a prior generation, in this case Alolan Raichu.
- Ever since Generation IV in the anime, a companion of Ash has a Pikachu-Family Pokémon. Dawn has a Pachirisu, Iris has an Emolga, Clemont has a Dedenne and Sophocles has a Togedemaru.