Pidgeot (Japanese: ピジョット Pijiyotto) is a type Pokémon introduced in Generation I that is the final-stage evolution of Pidgey; it is impossible to find in the wild. It can fly two miles above the ground and at twice the speed of sound; it often skims the water at top speed to catch unsuspecting fish Pokémon like Magikarp./ -
Pidgeot resembles a large, feathery bird with huge wings. It has brightly colored feathers on its body and head like the shape of a flare of fire. Pidgeot starts the formation of seeing the difference between Pidgey and Pidgeotto.
Interestingly, despite the fact its official height is only slightly higher than 4 feet, in the anime Pidgeot is almost always depicted as larger than the average human being. It is also easily confused with Pidgeotto, because the only difference without a relative size comparison is that Pigeot's tail and head hair coloring switch from those of Pidgeotto's.
Pidgeot is a powerful flier, capable of creating whirlwinds strong enough to bend trees. At maximum velocity, it can reach speeds of Mach 2 (around 1522.2 mph). Pidgeot can also fly faster than Staraptor if it wanted to. With its powerful claws and strength, it can pick up almost any foe.
In the anime
Ashs Pidgeotto evolved into a Pidgeot in Pallet Party Panic, and was released at the end of the episode. Ash remembers it in "Fighting Flyer with Fire!". Officer Jenny owned one in "Hoenn Alone!". Falkner's Pidgeot is seen in "Fighting Flyer with Fire!". Mewtwo has a cloned Pidgeot that is seen in Mewtwo strikes back and Mewtwo Returns. Corey's Pidgeot is seen in Mewtwo Strikes Back. He uses this Pokémon to get to the island. And Mewtwo steals and clones it.. Sir Aaron's Pidgeot is seen in Lucario & the Mystery of Mew. There have been few episodes where other people own a Pidgeot (about 5) and one of them was Perry Panic, when Pidgeot was unknowingly seen in the right corner of the movie.
Side Game Locations
|Pokémon Trozei!||Endless Level 52, 72, Forever Level 1, Mr. Who's Den|
|Red Rescue Team & Blue Rescue Team||Evolve Pidgeotto|
|Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness||Concealed Ruins (21-29BF), World Abyss (21-27BF), Mt. Mistral (1-19F)|
|Pokémon Rumble||Windy Prairie|
|Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs||Forest Temple|
- Main article: Pidgeot/Learnset Generation I
- Main article: Pidgeot/Learnset Generation II
- Main article: Pidgeot/Learnset Generation III
- Main article: Pidgeot/Learnset Generation IV
|Leveling Generation VI|
|1||Quick Attack||40||100%||30||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
|13||Quick Attack||40||100%||30||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
|38||Wing Attack||60||100%||35||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
|56||Mirror Move||-||-%||20||[[Move#Status||Status ]]|
|62||Air Slash||75||95%||20||[[Move#Special||Special ]]|
| Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
It is based on some kind of bird. Its shiny form is possibly a Golden Eagle.
Japanese: ピジョット(Pijiyotto in Romaji)is probably a combination of a pronunciation of the word "pigeon" and "jet".
English: Like its pre-evolved forms, Pidgeots' name comes from pidgeon.
- It is the first 2nd Stage bird Pokémon in Pokédex order.
- There seems to be some confusion as to Pidgeot's size. When Ash's Pidgeotto evolves it grows to the size of a horse and can carry Ash's weight, but in an episode of Pokémon: Battle Frontier a pidgeot gives aid to Ash but is only big enough to carry Pikachu on its back, but both the Pidgeots could have different lifestyles, despite living in the same district.
- It is said that Pidgeot can fly faster than the speed of sound. This leads to the question of why Pidgeot does not naturally learn SonicBoom.
- Pidgeot is the only Pokemon that learns Hurricane, learns a special attack boosting move, and gets STAB on Hurricane.