Parasect, like its pre-evolution Paras, is a crab-like Pokémon. Parasect has a large red, orange spotted mushroom on its back and six legs. Parasect's two front legs are larger than its other four, which are used to grip its prey.
Parasect can have two of the following abilities, either Effect Spore or Dry Skin. Effect Spore allows Parasect to have a 10% chance to paralyze, burn or poison a foe. Dry Skin allows Parasect to recover HP when it is raining and lose HP when it is sunny.
Parasect is the evolved form of Paras as of level 24.
|Yellow||Safari Zone and Fuchsia City in a house (trade a Tangela for it.)||Uncommon|
|Crystal||Silver Cave, on the second floor, in a small room||Rare|
|FireRed/LeafGreen||Cerulean Cave Floors 1, 2, and basement 1, and the Safari Zone area 1||Rare|
|Black/White||Evolve Paras (White only)||None|
Side game locations
|Pokémon Trozei!||Endless Level 53, 63, Forever Level 3, Mr. Who's Den|
|Red Rescue Team & Blue Rescue Team||Evolve Paras|
|Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness||Mt. Horn (1-7F)|
|Pokémon Ranger||Krokka Tunnel|
|Pokémon Rumble||Silent Forest|
Parasect appears to be based on some type of larva whilst its name comes from parasite and insect.
- The host mushroom on a Parasect's back causes it eyes to turn milk white due it being in a permanent possessed trance.
- No other Pokémon have the same egg group combination as Paras and Parasect.
- Some of its Pokédex Entries break the fourth wall by saying that it spores can be used as medicine in China.
- In Generation I, Parasect, and its pre-evolution are the only known Pokémon to have a double weakness to Poison.
- Parasect has the same cry as Mewtwo, but at a lower pitch.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data