| Old Chateau|
もりのようかん Forest Manor
|Information about Old Chateau|
|Connecting locations:||Eterna Forest|
The Old Chateau (もりのようかん Forest Manor) is an old abandoned mansion in Eterna Forest. It is apparently haunted.
Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum
When the player comes here after beating the Gardenia, he sees Gardenia in front of it. When spoken to, she tells the player that it is thought to be haunted, and she would explore it but she is 'busy'. She insists that she is not scared of it before promptly running away.
She leaves, and player is lead to enter the mansion himself. To access it, player needs a Pokemon that knows Cut to cut down the small trees in front of it. Upon entering, player finds it abandoned. After exploring, player may find the ghost of a little girl, and the ghost of an old man. Not often do they appear, but player can't interact with them. Finally, upstairs, player can find a TV. If it is interacted with, it says 'The TV has an oddly malevolent feeling..... almost as if it's staring.....' and nothing happens.
If, however, player interacts with the TV between 8 PM and 6 AM on Saturday or Sunday, it will explain that it appears a Pokemon is staring at him from inside the TV. It will then ask player if you want to thump it. If player does, Rotom's cry will play, and the battle with him will begin. He appears at level 20 or 15, and is a Ghost/Electric type.
The Old Chateau is a haunted mansion, and houses many ghosts.
- Ghost-Type Pokémon - the mansion is infested with Ghost-Type Pokémon (just Gastly, from exploration), including a Rotom that haunts a television. You must thump the TV to get the Rotom to appear and battle you. From there on, you can try to capture it.
- Little Girl Ghost - The ghost of a little girl appears in one room. You cannot interact with her, and after leaving the room, she is nowhere to be found in the entire mansion.
- Old Man Ghost - The ghost of an old man, possibly a butler, haunts the dining area. He glides across the room, and disappears in the kitchen.
- Glaring Statue - A statue of a Pokémon appears in the main room. It glares at you if you speak to it.
- Haunted Picture - In an upstairs room, a haunted picture appears. It will close its eyes if you walk close to it, and upon going into another room, its eyes will follow you. It is highly implied it is of a Gengar, since you can find a Gengar in the room with FireRed or LeafGreen in the bottom of the DS Lite.
- Rotom - Rotom haunts the television upstairs.