The time has come. Ash and co. finally arrive at Pummelo Island for the Orange League Competition. Team Rocket has a plan to capture Dragonite by letting Ash weaken it. Ash switches Snorlax for his Tauros since Snorlax ate and won't wake up. The Orange league went underway with Drake choosing his Ditto to go up first. When Ash chose Pikachu, Ditto took on it's shape. Ash scored his first victory with Pikachu. Drake chose his Onix next and Ash choose Squirtle which was an easy win. Drake chose Gengar and Ash, Tauros, trying out some beginners luck. Unfortunately Ash had to recall Tauros after it was hit with Confuse Ray and chose Lapras. The episode ends with Gengar's Night Shade and Ash's Lapras' Ice Beam colliding with each other. What will be the result?
- This is the first episode to introduce the Field Change Concept. This was also used in "The Great Eight Fate." after Ash beat two of Juan's Pokémon.
- This is the first time Ash had a full 6-on-6 Pokémon battle. He was denied this after being beaten by Ritchie in "Friend and Foe Alike"
- "I hope this one leaves a good impression!"
Drake starting with his Ditto
- "You did a great job. And so did you Ash, but this next one's gonna rock you!"
Drake complementing his Ditto and Ash and choosing his Onix.
- "Well Ash, so far you've beaten two of my Pokémon, but this time you don't stand a ghost of a chance."
Drake complementing Ash and choosing his Gengar
|This article is an anime stub.|
Please help the Pokémon Wiki by expanding it.