On their way to Trovita Island for Ash's third gym battle, Ash and co. spot a little girl with her Seel stuck in a whirlpool. Misty manages to save the girl, who happens to be Mahri, the little sister of Rudy the Trovita Gym Leader. Rudy was impressed with Misty with the way she saved Mahri and dances with her. Ash challenges Rudy to a battle and he accepts if he passes an attack test, which he does. After dinner Rudy offers Misty a dance and asks her to stay with him. Will she accept his offer? And who will she support in the 3 on 3 battle: Rudy or Ash?
- This is the second episode to test the trainer with an attack test. The first was OI004: Fit to be Tide.
- The second battle involved battling Pokémon of the same type. In this case:
- Pikachu vs. Electabuzz
- Bulbasaur vs. Exeggutor
- Squirtle vs. Starmie
- The "Pokemon (Dance Mix)" was playing in the background of the Squirtle vs. Starmie battle.
- The mysterious Pokémon Tracy drew is an Elekid.
- The "Who's that Pokémon?" in this episode is scyther.
- "I dedicate this match to the girl who saved my sister."
Rudy about Misty.