Nidoran♀ is a small rabbit-shaped Pokémon with large whiskers and front teeth, it is said to resemble Nidoran♂ but is lavender-bluish and has a much smaller horn on its head. It has darker spots on its body.
It has the ability Poison Point that allows a 30% chance of the foe being poisoned if hit by a direct attack.
In the anime
Emily's Nidoran is seen in Wherefore Art Thou, Pokémon?
A few wild Nidoran♀ are seen in Arceus and the Jewel of Life.
|Red/Blue||Route 22, Safari Zone|| Rare (Red)|
|Yellow||Route 2, 9, 10, 22, Safari Zone||Common|
|Gold/Silver||Route 35, 36||Common|
|Crystal||Route 35, National Park||Common|
|FireRed/LeafGreen||Route 3, Safari Zone|| Rare (FireRed)|
|Diamond/Pearl||Route 201 (Poké Radar)||Rare|
|Platinum||Route 201 (Poké Radar)||Rare|
|HeartGold/SoulSilver||Route 35, 36||Common|
|Black/White||White Forest (White only)||Uncommon|
Side game locations
|Pokémon Trozei!||Forever Level 28, Endless Level 28, Pair Trozei, Mr. Who's Den|
|Red Rescue Team & Blue Rescue Team||Thunderwave Cave (1-3F)|
|Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness||Mystifying Forest (1-13BF), Mystery Jungle (1-29BF)|
|Pokémon Rumble||Eternal Tower|
- Main article: Nidoran♀/Learnset Generation I
- Main article: Nidoran♀/Learnset Generation III
The name Nidoran♀ follows the same conventions as those of the other Pokémon in the Nidoran family. Nido (二度, Nido?) is the Japanese word for "two times" or "two degrees," which is indicative of the differences in the genders of the species. Nīdoru (ニードル, Nīdoru?) is also the Romanticized pronunciation of "needle", which Nidoran are covered in. "Ran" may derive from pacarana, a South American type of rodent. She evolves into Nidorina then into Nidoqueen.
- Nidoran♀'s shiny color appears to be Nidoran♂'s regular color.
- Despite lacking genders in Generation I, Nidoran♀ and Nidoran♂ were completely different species.
- Nidoran♀ is one of the eight Pokémon to have a non-alphabetical character in its name along with Ho-oh, Nidoran♂, Farfetch'd, Porygon2, Porygon-Z, Mime Jr. and Mr. Mime.
- Nidoran♀ is the only Pokémon to lose the ability to breed after it evolves.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data