- Chikorita, Lv. 5 Professor Elm's lab
- Cyndaquil, Lv. 5 Professor Elm's lab
- Totodile, Lv. 5 Professor Elm's lab
The population of New Bark Town is about 150. This makes it the most populated place in the Johto region.
The name "New Bark Town" is derived from the fact that it is the starting point for the player, as well as a reference to the fact that all the towns of Johto are named after plants.
Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver versions.
After choosing your name and talking to Prof. Oak, you will arrive at your house in New Bark Town. Head downstairs and greet your mother. Your mother will talk about four options - Bag, Your Name (the gym badges), Save and Options.
After you head out, a small Marill will bump into you, apparently looking for its owner. You will see Lyra (if you choose Ethan) or Ethan (if you choose Lyra) coming out of Professor Elm's home/lab and Marill happily run into her, and they'll go away.
- New Bark Town is the starting city in Generations II and IV (Remake Series)
- Professor Elm's laboratory is located here, upstairs being his house, which only appears in HeartGold and SoulSilver.
- It is the only starting town that doesn't connect to a route in the north.
- It is the only starting town that must be passed through on the way to the Pokémon League. (In Kanto, players can fly back to Viridian City and avoid Route 21 and Pallet Town.)
- It is the only starting town that doesn't connect to a route ending in 1.
- In Generation IV, there's a small slip up as your character has a Nintendo Wii, although it should have been a Nintendo 64.