Mamoswine looks like a woolly mammoth, and has two tusks. The tusks are much larger than those of Piloswine and seem to be shifted downward.
The tusks of the male are larger than those of the female. The tusks are made from solid ice instead of dentine like most teeth are.
In The Anime
|Black 2/White 2||Giant Chasm||Rare|
Side Game Locations
|Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness|| Crevice Cave (B1F-B10F)|
Lower Crevice Cave (B1F-B4F)
Mt. Avalanche (B1F-B19F)
|Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia||Altru Building|
|Pokémon Rumble||Rocky Cave|
Mamoswine appears to be based on a Woolly Mammoth.
Mamoswine's English name is derived from the word mammoth, meaning Gigantic, also referring to it being woolly like a Mammoth, and the word swine, also referring to its appearance being similar to that of a pig.
- Mamoswine were common during the ice age, but their numbers lowered as the climate got warmer.
- No other Pokémon has the same type combination as Mamoswine and its pre-evolutions.
- Mamoswine and its pre-evolutions are the only Ice type Pokémon not to have a weakness to Rock. They also the only Ice type Pokémon to have a weakness to Water. They also the only Pokémon to be immune to both sandstorm and hail.
- In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers from the sky, in the chapter In the future of darkness, Grovyle says that among the Ice-type Pokémon, Mamoswine is the strongest!
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data