Magneton are simply three Magnemite linked together by magnetism.
The abilities that Magneton can have are Sturdy or Magnet Pull. Sturdy prevents any OHKO moves from hitting Magneton. Magnet Pull prevents any -type Pokémon from escaping battle. Magneton is capable of producing powerful magnetic waves that can damage electronic devices, create ear-splitting headaches, and raise temperatures up to 3.6 degrees Fahrenheit within a 3,300 ft radius.
Magneton, along with its evolution family, is the only Electric Pokémon that can learn Zap Cannon via leveling up.
In the anime
A Shiny Magneton appeared in the episode Tie on One.
In the episode Watt's with Wattson, a Magneton appears alongside with its pre-evolution Magnemite and a Voltorb, all three under the ownership of the Mauville Gym leader Wattson. It was used by Wattson to battle Ash, but was instantly defeated by Pikachu, because Pikachu's electric attacks were powered up from destroying a mechanical Raikou.
|Red/Blue||Power Plant, Cerulean Cave||Uncommon|
|FireRed/LeafGreen||Cerulean Cave, Power Plant||Rare|
|Platinum||Route 222, Victory Road||Rare|
|HeartGold/SoulSilver||Cerulean Cave, Safari Zone, Trade for Dugtrio||Uncommon|
|Black/White||Evolve Magnemite (White)||None|
- Starting with the Johto Region, Magneton is one of only two Pokémon to have had their types changed, being as how Steel was introduced when Gold and Silver where released. The other is its pre-evolved form, Magnemite.
- Magneton, along with its pre-evolved and fully evolved forms, is the only Pokémon with a Electric/Steel type combination.
- Despite it being seen floating in the air, it cannot have the ability Levitate.
- The only move type that isn't affected by Magneton and its evolutionary line's type is water, as all others are super-effective (e.g. ground), not very effective (e.g. flying) or don't affect (e.g. poison).
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data