|First Appearance:||Generation I|
Standard Poké Balls (モンスターボール Monster Ball), roughly eight pounds in weight, are the major Poké Ball in the Pokémon saga. It features a red top, white bottom, and a horizontal black ring circling the ball. This type of Poké Ball is the weakest and the only type typically available at the beginning of the Pokémon games. It is also commonly used in Pokémon Anime. It has a catch rate modifier of 1x in the catch formula. Many Pokémon have a similar appearance to the Poké Ball, like Voltorb, Electrode, Foongus or Amoonguss.
The Poké Ball is a sphere. The top of the ball is red. The bottom is white. There is a black horizontal band circling the ball. The button is either white or light grey.
- It is the most basic and common Poké Ball.
- It is freely available at the start of most Pokémon games.
- You get five of them from the start of the game.
- In Black 2/White 2, you get ten of them instead of five.
- It is the only Poké Ball used by NPCs.
- In Sun/Moon NPCs use a variety of different Poké Balls.
|Other: GS Ball · Mewtwo Ball (Clone Ball) · Dark Ball · Old Ball|