Latias is a dragon-like Pokémon with features resembling a jet plane. The upper portion of her body is mainly white, while the lower portion is red. She has triangular ears, and a patch of red with a smaller patch of white, on her face. On her back are two jet plane-like wings, and lower down are two fins or flaps for feet. She has red and white arms, that are able to be retracted into her body. On Latias' chest is a light blue triangle symbol. It has large yellow eyes too.
Latias is a highly intelligent Pokémon, able to understand human speech and communicate telepathically. Using a glass-like down, Latias can reflect light to alter her appearance. Latias is also the only known Pokémon who is able to learn the move Mist Ball.
In the anime
Latias had a large role in the movie Pokémon Heroes. In the movie Ash and company help Latias to save her brother, Latios, from Team Rocket agents Annie and Oakley. This Latias also took a special liking to Ash, going so far as to give him a kiss at the end while in human form(it is unknown if she or Bianca kissed him). Pokémon Heroes is a Generation II movie.
Latias does not evolve.
|Ruby/Sapphire|| Southern Island (Ruby)|
Roaming Hoenn (Sapphire)
|Emerald||Southern Island, Roaming Hoenn||One|
|HeartGold/SoulSilver|| Roaming Kanto (HeartGold)|
Pewter City (SoulSilver)
|Black 2/White 2||Dreamyard (White 2 Only)||One|
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue Rescue TeamYou are awoken by a loud noise. You go outside to investigate, only to get rammed by Latios. The next morning, you go to Town Square where purple Kecleon is raising a fuss. All his TMs were robbed overnight. You go to the dungeon where Latios is keeping the TMs. After you defeat Latios, he comes back with you to return the TMs and to say he's sorry. When you get back to town Latios reveals the battle with you put a lot of damage on him. Purple Kecleon tries to punish him for stealing the TMs. Alakazam stops him and lets Latios explain why he would steal the TMs. Latios explains that he and his younger and beloved sister, Latias, were having a flight one day, when Latias got hit by a meteorite on her wing, and she fell into a giant chasm. Latios explains that he tried to save her, but the dungeon proved to be to much for him. So he stole the TMs to try and get stronger. Purple Kecleon stops being angry and understands why he did what he did, and forgives Latios. You then go on a mission to rescue Latias, since Latios is still in bad shape and must rest in town. Once you make it through the dungeon, Latias hears your footsteps as you approach. She tells you that her wing still hurts, but she's okay. You and Latias warp back to the town. Latias and Latios, happy to be together again, cross their necks in happiness. Green Kecleon sobs of seeing so much happiness. As thanks, they ask if they can join your team.
Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs
In the game if you choose a girl, (A.K.A. Summer) it will open up that the Pokemon Pinchers are after Latias. One of the Guardian Signs is a sign to call Latias. Thus your transportation for the game, besides Staraptor.
- Latias and Latios were the first legendary Pokémon to have genders. Heatran and Cresselia share this trait with them, as they are the only legendary Pokémon in their Generation to have a gender, although Heatran can be either male or female.Also in generation V there are three new legendary Pokémon to have gender they are Landorus,Thundurus and Tornadus.
- Though not a Fly, as evidenced by her ability, Levitate. She shares this trait with her brother Latios. -type, Latias is able to learn the move
- Before it was confirmed that Latias had no Evolutions, many fans believed that Plusle evolved into Latias. This is the same for Latios and Minun.
- Despite being able to have a female gender it cannot breed; this is the same with Heatran and Cresselia. This could also be considered incest, as Latios and Latias are siblings.
- Even though in the games Latios and Latias can't breed, in the ending of Pokémon Heroes, Latias and Latios had babies, 1 Latias and 2 Latios.
- Latios and Latias were the first -type Legendary Pokémon.
- No other Pokémon has the same type combination as Latias and Latios.
- Latias is the only dual-type Pokemon that can learn Reflect Type.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data