Kecleon (Japanese: カクレオン Kakureon) is a type Pokémon introduced in Generation III. It is number 352 on the National Pokédex. Kecleon is a basic stage Pokémon and has no evolutions. It appears in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games as the shopkeeper.-
Kecleons resemble a chameleon. The main color on a Kecleon is green, the second most color is yellow and then they have a red zigzag stripe on their chest. The spikes on its head is yellow like the circles on by its eyes.It has a curly tail and small yellow feet.
Kecleons are one of the most powerful Pokémon in the Mystery Dungeon games. If you shoplift it, it automatically has the move Agility set, and has Color Change, which changes its type by the move you use. To recruit it, you have to have to be Level 90 or higher with a Friend Bow (shoplift to encounter). In Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, after you obtain the National Pokédex and open Pal Park, show a Kecleon to a girl and she will give you the Color Changer App on your Pokétch. This app enables you to change your screen color from green to anything.
Kecleon have the ability Color Change. This allows Kecleon to change its type to the same type as the attacks that hit it. Kecleon has the ability to blend in with its surroundings. Only the red stripe on its chest remains visible at all times. It can sneak up on its prey and use its long tongue to trap it.
In the animeIn the Johto region championship a trainer named Harrison had a Kecleon which was defeated by Ash Ketchum's Pikachu. It also in the Special Red\Blue Rescue team Go Getters as the Kecleon Brothers. They have the same role as they do in the video game; shopkeepers. It also appers in the short Pikachu's Pikaboo.
Kecleon does not evolve.
|Ruby/Sapphire||Routes 118, 119, 120, 121 and 123||Rare|
|Emerald||Routes 118, 119, 120, 121 and 123||Rare|
|Diamond/Pearl||Route 210 (Poké Radar) (Diamond only)||Rare|
|Platinum||Great Marsh (After obtaining National Pokédex)||Rare|
|HeartGold/SoulSilver||Transfer from Pokéwalker||None|
- Kecleon first appeared in the Hoenn region in the games and Johto in the Anime .
- Two Kecleons were seen in one of the anime episodes, and were named "Redie" and "Greenie". They were seen in the Johto region and this marked the first appearance of a Generation III Pokémon.
- It is the only Pokémon with the ability Color Change.
- Due to Kecleon's ability, Color Change, if it knows the move Synchronoise, if the opponent uses a move that would receive STAB Kecleon would change to that type and then deal damage to the opponent using the previously mentioned move, Synchronoise.
- Kecleon appears in PokéPark 2: Wonders Beyond, in which he keeps track of the players' records and awards.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data