Kangaskhan is a Parent Pokémon. It is based off a large kangaroo. Its baby is often seen in its pouch.
Kangaskhan can have the ability Early Bird or the ability Scrappy. Early Bird allows Kangaskhan to wake up faster. Scrappy allows Kangaskhan's -type moves to hit -type Pokémon. This Pokémon is known for the fact that she has a baby in her pouch in front of her. She is known as the good parent Pokémon, and if she feels that either of them (that being the baby and her) is being harmed, she will attack. Various Kangaskhan use a variation of moves such as Crunch, Shadow Claw, Outrage, Dizzy Punch, Earthquake, Drain Punch, Avalanche, and Brick Break in battle.
Kangaskhan evolves into MegaKangaskhan.
|FireRed/LeafGreen||Safari Zone||Super Rare|
|Diamond/Pearl||Great Marsh (National Pokédex required)||Rare|
|Platinum||Great Marsh (National Pokédex required)||Rare|
|HeartGold/SoulSilver||Rock Tunnel, Safari Zone||Rare|
Side game locations
|Pokémon Trozei!||Endless Level 53, Forever Level 3, Pair Trozei, Mr. Who's Den|
|Red Rescue Team & Blue Rescue Team||Western Cave (13-19F)|
|Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness||Mt. Travail (1-19F)|
|Pokémon Ranger||Sekra Mountain Range|
|Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia||Volcano Cave, Chroma Ruins (Mission)|
|Pokémon Rumble||Rocky Cave|
Kangaskhan appears to be based off a kangaroo.
- According to Pokémon early concepts, baby Kangaskhan were originally slated to be its own individual Pokémon. In addition, it was planned to have two possible evolution stages. If its mother Kangaskhan fainted a certain number of times, it would die and the baby Kangaskhan would evolve into a Cubone which could be supported by the fact that the head aesthetics of Kangaskhan is identical to that of the skull worn by Cubone and its successor stage, Marowak (which would have evolved into Kangaskhan), and that Cubone is classified as "The Lonely Pokémon". If its mother Kangaskhan did not faint too many times, it would remain alive and the baby Kangaskhan would evolve into a Kangaskhan instead of a Cubone. However, due to difficulties laying out how loop holes in how the events leading to the events, the idea was scrapped the last minute prior to the first games release.
- It was originally planned to be a -type, likely for the reason above.
- Kangaskhan is the only Pokémon that appears as two individual Pokémon but are both labelled as one despite the fact that most of the later Pokémon have individual stages for baby forms.
- This also makes Kangaskhan the only Pokémon whose young don't evolve, but just get bigger and older.
- Kangaskhan's name was probably derived from the Mongol leader, Genghis Khan, and Kangaroo.
- A Kangaskhan owns a storage shop in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games.
- Some glitch Pokémon are able to evolve into Kangaskhan.
- One of these glitch Pokémon is 'M, which is sometimes said to be a scrapped version of Marowak. This is supported by the fact that 'M has the same color palette as Marowak. (To be more specific, 'M is said to be Marowak's original design, but was scrapped due to complications in the evolutionary line. However, the creators didn't have enough time to delete this version of Marowak, so they stuck it in slot #000, the same slot that many glitch Pokémon are in.)
- Strangely, in the Mystery Dungeon games, when Kangaskhan levels up, she states "I levelled up! And so did the baby in my pouch". This means that the baby levels up at the same time as the mother, therefore making it the same level as its mother.
- If a Kangaskhan is to lay an egg, the hatching would already have a baby in its pouch.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data