Like other regions, the Johto region has its own set of 16 gyms (the other eight from the Kanto Region can be accessed later on) that trainers can battle to get badges and to be able to face the Elite Four. The Johto Gym Leaders are Falkner, Bugsy, Whitney, Morty, Chuck, Jasmine, Pryce, and Clair. The Olivine City Gym is the only Gym where other trainers won't battle you.
1st Gym - Violet City
- Gym Leader: Falkner
- Specialty Type:
- How to access: Defeat the sages in the Sprout Tower.
- Rewards: Zephyr Badge, TM 51, can now use HM06 (Rock Smash)
2nd Gym - Azalea Town
- Gym Leader: Bugsy
- Specialty Type: Bug
- How to access: Defeat Team Rocket inside the Slowpoke Well.
- Rewards: Hive Badge, TM 89, can now use HM01 (Cut)
3rd Gym - Goldenrod City
- Gym Leader: Whitney
- Specialty Type: Normal
- How to access: Get the radio card from the Radio Tower and speak to Whitney there.
- Rewards: Plain Badge, TM45, can now use HM04 (Strength)
4th Gym - Ecruteak City
- Gym Leader: Morty
- Specialty Type: Ghost
- How to access: Find Morty at the Burnt Tower.
- Rewards: Fog Badge, TM30, can now use HM03 (Surf)
5th Gym - Cianwood City
- Gym Leader: Chuck
- Specialty Type: Fighting
- How to access: accessible after you arrive.
- Rewards: Storm Badge, TM01, can now use HM02 (Fly)
6th Gym - Olivine City
- Gym Leader: Jasmine
- Specialty Type: Steel
- How to access: Return to Olivine Lighthouse and heal the Ampharos with the SecretPotion.
- Rewards: Mineral Badge, TM23
7th Gym - Mahogany Town
- Gym Leader: Pryce
- Specialty Type: Ice
- How to access: Defeat the Team Rocket in Mahogany Town and at the Lake of Rage.
- Rewards: Glacier Badge, TM07, can now use HM05 (Whirlpool)
8th Gym - Blackthorn City
- Gym Leader: Clair
- Specialty Type: Dragon
- How to access: Defeat Team Rocket in Goldenrod City and pass through the Ice Cave.
- Rewards: Rising Badge, TM59, can now use HM07 (Waterfall)
|This article is a stub. Please help the Pokémon Wiki by expanding it.|