Jirachi is a type Mythical and Legendary Pokémon introduced in Generation III. It says it can fulfill a desire to people who really need and will appear when you least expect. It's always sleeping, awake for a week every 1000 years.- -
Jirachi's name is a Japanese transliteration of Russian verb want (желать, zhelat).
Jirachi is a yellow and white Pokémon with small black eyes. Under its eyes, there are V-shaped markings that are light green. Jirachi's head is yellow and resembles a star, but with only three points. Hanging on those three points are three light green bands that are said to be part of Jirachi's ability to grant wishes. It also has two yellow strings streaming from behind it.
Jirachi does not evolve.
In the games
Not obtainable by normal means, the only way to get a Jirachi is to download it from a bonus disk that was given out along with a reserved copy of Pokémon Colosseum or (more recently) to download it at a Nintendo-sponsored event, such as the Jirachi that was given out at GameStop stores in the US from February to March 2010. It is in a Cherish Ball and came with the move Draco Meteor.
In the anime
- Main article: Jirachi (movie 6)
In the movies
Jirachi is the star of the sixth film where he befriends Max. It is one of the Pokémon that appears briefly in the introduction of the tenth film, The challenge of Darkrai (ES) / The Rise of Darkrai (HA), in a tribute to all Pokémon that have shaped the previous films. Appears rising to the sky.
|Ruby/Sapphire||Colosseum Pre-Order USA Disk OR Pokemon Channel||None|
|Emerald||Colosseum Pre-Order USA Disk OR Pokemon Channel||None|
|FireRed/LeafGreen||Colosseum Pre-Order USA Disk OR Pokemon Channel||None|
|HeartGold/SoulSilver||Special Wifi Event||None|
Side Game Locations
|Pokémon Channel||Camp Starlight|
|Pokémon Trozei!||Random Agent Cards, Mr. Who's Den|
|Red Rescue Team & Blue Rescue Team||Wish Cave (99F)|
|Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness||Final Maze (B23F)|
|Gen. III||Gen. IV||Attack||Type|
- Bold indicates that this Pokémon gains STAB from this attack.
- Jirachi was the second Fairy Legendary to be used by a human, the first was Celebi.
- Jirachi is the only known wish-granting Pokémon.
- Jirachi awakens only once every 1000 years, and will grant at most three wishes over a period of one week (thus the three "wishing-tags" on its head).
- In the movie, Jirachi grants more than three wishes.
- Jirachi also appears in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, where it gives out stickers.
- Its signature move is Doom Desire.
- Jirachi has an "eye" on its stomach. It was used to absorb energy from the Millennium Comet to feed the planet of its energy.
- In the anime, when it is sang to, it will awaken and grant the singer's wish, then resume its 1,000-year sleep.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data